St. Peters Kirkyard

  • Betty
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13 4:28 PM
      Hi Steve
      Thank you for your reply, it is greatly appreciated.
      I have been through the MI's from ANESFHS and have not been able to find
      him. St. Peters is a good possibilty. As the Kirkyard is not listed in the
      ANESFHS, do you have any suggestions as to how I could find out if William
      Bruce is interred there? I appreciate any advice you can give me on this.
      Thanks again,
      Elizabeth
    • myidismiguel
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13 5:02 PM
        Hello Elizabeth,
        I also have the treat of trying to figure out the Bruce family in
        Peterhead and Boddam. Truely tricky! I was in Peterhead this past
        October trying to figure out the Bruces. I was also at the ANESFHS
        library in Aberdeen, and went through the transcription of St Peter's
        Cemetery. I copied down several Bruce monument inscriptions, but the
        transcription wasn't indexed, so I may have missed some entries. What
        are the dates that you have for your William Bruce? I'll check my
        notes and photographs and see if I can help you out.

        I am searching for a Jane Bruce, born in Peterhead sometime
        between 1802 and 1807. I think it might be the first daughter of
        Robert Bruce, shipmaster, (1778-1821) and Mary Trail (????-1840.

        I am going through the Old Parish Records, and trying to figure
        out the Bruce Families.

        If I can help in anyway, please let me know,
        Regards,
        Michael Black
        Stoney Creek, Canada

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Betty" <emurphy@...> wrote:

        > Hi Steve
        > Thank you for your reply, it is greatly appreciated.
        > I have been through the MI's from ANESFHS and have not been able
        to find
        > him. St. Peters is a good possibilty. As the Kirkyard is not
        listed in the
        > ANESFHS, do you have any suggestions as to how I could find out if
        William
        > Bruce is interred there? I appreciate any advice you can give me on
        this.
        > Thanks again,
        > Elizabeth

      • Cci
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13 9:38 PM
          Hi Michael,
          I'm not related to the Bruce's, but I do have access to Ancestry and there ane about a hundred of OPR entries for the Bruce's in Buckanhaven, Boddam and Peterhead. But Robert Burce, Shipmaster, nothing showed up, but for an Alexander Bruce, Shipmaster, there were four entries, dates about 1850.
          Give me a name, and I'll see what I can find. I can't get any further with my Peterhead names at the moment and don't mind helping anyone out.
          But please don't all ask at once!
          ************************************

          Catherine

          I also have the treat of trying to figure out the Bruce family in
          Peterhead and Boddam. Truely tricky! I was in Peterhead this past
          October trying to figure out the Bruces. I was also at the ANESFHS
          library in Aberdeen, and went through the transcription of St Peter's
          Cemetery. I copied down several Bruce monument inscriptions, but the
          transcription wasn't indexed, so I may have missed some entries. What
          are the dates that you have for your William Bruce? I'll check my
          notes and photographs and see if I can help you out.

          I am searching for a Jane Bruce, born in Peterhead sometime
          between 1802 and 1807. I think it might be the first daughter of
          Robert Bruce, shipmaster, (1778-1821) and Mary Trail (????-1840.

          I am going through the Old Parish Records, and trying to figure
          out the Bruce Families.

          If I can help in anyway, please let me know,
          Regards,
          Michael Black
          Stoney Creek, Canada

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Betty" <emurphy@...> wrote:

          > Hi Steve
          > Thank you for your reply, it is greatly appreciated.
          > I have been through the MI's from ANESFHS and have not been able
          to find
          > him. St. Peters is a good possibilty. As the Kirkyard is not
          listed in the
          > ANESFHS, do you have any suggestions as to how I could find out if
          William
          > Bruce is interred there? I appreciate any advice you can give me on
          this.
          > Thanks again,
          > Elizabeth

        • Steve Hutchison
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 14 2:29 AM
            Hi Betty,
            There is a lair index at http://users.bigpond.net.au/phdgen/lairba.html

            Much of my info. came from Eileen Lothian by email. Unfortunately we have
            lost touch. Example to follow:

            "St.Peters Kirkyard, Peterhead",,,,,,
            Lair No.,Name,Age,Death Date,Burial Date,Note,Depth
            Robert Hutchison & Others - Boddam,,,,,,
            C365,Wm Taylor,52,,1 Feb 1764,Feuar,
            C365,Robert Hutchison,36,,5 May 1827,Boddam,
            C365,Janet Hutchison,54,,3 Mar 1851,Boddam,
            C365,Agnes Smith,75,,14 Aug 1875,Boddam,5
            C365,Isabella Hay Hutchison,22 m,11 Oct 1884,14 Oct 1884,Boddam,3
            C365,Mary Sellar or Hutchison,72,22 Dec 1896,25 Dec 1896,Boddam,4.5
            C365,William Hutchison,1.5 hrs,23 Mar 1897,24 Mar 1897,Boddam,3
            C365,John Hutchison,3 hrs,,8-May-1902,Boddam,3
            C365,John Hutchison,71,20-Feb-1925,23-Feb-1925,A19 Boddam,3'9
            C365,Mary May Nicol or Hutchison,75,24-Oct-1934,26-Oct-1934,A19
            Boddam,3

            Robert Hutchison & Others - Boddam,,,,,,
            C366,George Hutchison,5,,30 Dec 1836,Son of Robert Hutchison,
            C366,Alex Hutchison,19 m,,14 Jul 1839,Son of George Hutchison,
            C366,Margaret Noble,32,,26 Sep 1845,,
            C366,Margaret Hutchison,12 days,,14 Oct 1845,,
            C366,Jessie Ann Hutchison,,14 Aug 1859,16 Aug 1859,Boddam,
            C366,James Hutchison,20,7 May 1863,9 May 1863,Boddam,
            C366,Rebecca Stephen,82,7 Oct 1882,9 Oct 1882,Boddam,5'3
            C366,Elizabeth C Reid,83,,13 Jun 1883,9 Fish Lane,4'6
            C366,Robert Hutchison,66,15 May 1894,17 May 1894,Boddam,4'6
            C366,George Hutchison,83,24 May 1896,26 May 1896,Boddam,3
            C366,Christian Stephen or Hutchison,89,26-Jun-1913,28-Jun-
            1913,Boddam,5
            C366,Isabella Hutchison,79,,11-Feb-1935,E3 Boddam,5'8

            Robert Hutchison & Others - Boddam,,,,,,
            C367,Robert Hutchison,79,11 Mar 1880,13 Mar 1880,Boddam,4
            C367,- Hutchison,S.B.,,,Boddam,2'10
            C367,Isabella Sophia Hutchison,20 m,,,Boddam,2'6
            C367,John Hutchison,5 m,,10 Jun 1884,Boddam,2'8
            C367,Robert Hutchison,20 hrs,6 Jun 1887,7 Jun 1887,Boddam,3
            C367,William Anderson Hutchison,24,16 Apr 1889,19 Apr 1889,Boddam,4'3
            C367,Peter Stephen Hutchison,30,16 Jan 1892,19 Jan 1892,Boddam,3
            C367,Williamina Hutchison,4 hrs,,,Boddam,3
            C367,Helen Hay Hutchison,17,,17-Jun-1902,Boddam,4'6
            C367,Lizzie M Hutchison,S.B.,,8-Aug-1910,Boddam,3
            C367,William Hutchison,72,5-Mar-1913,8-Mar-1913,Boddam,5
            C367,Isabella H Hutchison,72,,26-Jul-1915,Boddam,3'6
            C367,William Hutchison,78,,24-Jun-1949,E45 Boddam,

            C458,Details unknown,,,,,
            C459,Mary Hutchison,,24 Mar 1864,,,

            John Hutchison & Others - Book-keeper,,,,,,
            C493,George Hutchison,67,,20 Oct 1817,Boddam,
            C493,Janet Hutchison,78,,7 Jul 1831,Wife,
            C493,Janet Hutchison,79,,11 Aug 1851,Boddam,
            C493,John Currie,39,,13 Mar 1858,ditto,
            C493,Mary Hutchison,54,,27 Mar 1864,ditto,
            C493,Sarah Sellar or Hutchison,82,,9-Feb-1940,A15 Boddam,4'0

            John Hutchison & Others - Book-keeper,,,,,,
            C494,Ann Hutchison,1,,23 Feb 1843,Boddam,
            C494,John Hutchison,78,,28 Oct 1844,ditto,
            C494,George Currie,5 m,,21 Apr 1849,ditto,
            C494,Eliza Hutchison,2 m,,9 Mar 1861,Broad St,
            C494,George Hutchison,69,,19 Jan 1863,Boddam,
            C494,James Hutchison,3 m,,,,
            C494,Elizabeth Hutchison,73,,11 Nov 1874,Ugie St,
            C494,George Hutchison,60,,15 May 1883,Boddam,5
            C494,Isabella Hutchison,75,,9 Dec 1885,Queen St,
            C494,Margaret C Hutchison,72,,31 Dec 1897,Boddam,5
            C494,Eliza C Hutchison,65,,5-Dec-1907,Wallace St,5
            C494,John Hutchison,73,,16-Mar-1908,Thistle St,3
            C494,- Hutchison,S.B.,,13-Feb-1912,Queen St,3
            C494,- Hutchison,S.B.,,26-Jul-1915,Stirlingbrae,3
            C494,Robert Hutchison,79,,3-Feb-1940,E40 Boddam,4'0
            C494,Janet Hutchison,84,,25-Jan-1947,Rosyth,3'0
            C494,John Hutchison,78,,15-Feb-1954,38 King St,

            Archive emails can be found at
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peterhead/messages
            Suggest you do a search for Bruce on these. Regards Steve

            > Thank you for your reply, it is greatly appreciated.
            > I have been through the MI's from ANESFHS and have not been able to
            > find
            > him. St. Peters is a good possibilty. As the Kirkyard is not listed in
            > the
            > ANESFHS, do you have any suggestions as to how I could find out if William
            > Bruce is interred there? I appreciate any advice you can give me on this.
            > Thanks again,
            > Elizabeth

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Betty Holmes
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14 6:16 AM
              Good Morning Michael, We also have BRUCEs in our family tree. My husband's
              mother was a BRUCE from Peterhead. Her father was Charles BRUCE-Ironmonger
              in Peterhead.
              We are lucky to have a Family Bible with a family tree in it-but only back
              to the early 1800s.
              I tried getting further back but soon gave up!! It seemed that the family
              came from Aberdeen in the late 1700s--also everyone seemed to be John or
              William!!
              I have a photograph of "our" Bruce tombstone.
              Who were your family-could there be a connection?
              Ours went-John Bruce 1799-1885 b. Aberdeen-father Charles[John had a brother
              William]
              Charles Bruce 1842
              Charles Bruce 1875.
              Charles Bruce 1918