Re: [Peterhead] SHIVAS, CHIVAS, SCHEVES, etc; REPLY

  • jsethomson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2006
      Hello Cindy: I believe the Alexander Chivas that married my ggrandmother's
      ister Elizabeth was either born in Peterhead parish or Longside parish. I
      do remember the surname of his mother just vaguely, but it was none of the
      names your have..

      Undoubtedly, as I have said previously the Shivas of Chivas people you
      mention had their family name originating centuries ago around Schievus Castle on
      the Ythan River just north of Ellon Aberdeenshire, a few miles.

      Good try, Jim Thomson