Re: [Peterhead] SHIVAS, CHIVAS, SCHEVES, etc; REPLYFor Catherine

  • jsethomson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2006
      Hi Catherine: You have fine genealogical skills as you appear able to go
      back and forth between Scottish and English records quite easily.

      The Alexander Chivas, a Vet, in Corbridge, Northumberland, was my
      grandfathers cousin. He died in the year 1912, but before his death there was some
      correspondence. Daughter Ann married the son of a Methodist minister, a Renton,
      and they lived in Ripon, York, area. They had two children and the son became
      an officer in the regular army. In the 1970's he died at apparently in
      retirement at Hornby Grange, Northallerton. I believe that is in York. He may have
      had a son who was married in about 1998 in the Newcastle area.

      Dr. Chivis was first married in New Machar parish at a farm named Swailand,
      just north of the present Aberdeen airport.

      Dr. Chevas almost certainly has descendants of his siblings living in the
      Aberdeen area....but the Dr.'s people have been the easiest to trace.

      Thanks again, Jim Thomson