  • Cci
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2006
      Hi Jim,
      Glad to help.

      There is an Alexander Chivas a Vet in Corbridge on the 1881 and 1891 census for England.
      15 Market Place, Corbridge, Nothumberland
      Alexander Chivas, head, mar, 34, Vetinary Surgeon, Scotland
      Isabella Chivas, wife, mar, 28, Scotland
      Jessie Spence, visitor, 51, Farmers wife, Scotland

      Water Row, Stanley, Corbridge, Northumberland
      Alexander Chivas, head, mar, 44, Vetinary Surgeon, Scotland
      Ann Chivas, wife, mar, 44, Northumberland
      Jane E. Chivas, dau, 3, Northumberland
      Elizabeth Taylor, servant, 17, Northumberland

      Alexander Chivas, marriage Sept 1886
      Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland