RE: [Peterhead] Introducing myself & my Peterhead forebears.

  • Alison Palmer
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
      erm...I think you meant www.blootoon.com
      The other link takes you to an adult site. oops! :D

      AP

    • Cci
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 11, 2006
        Hi Hester,
        I've been looking for more info than this for you but Ancestry does'nt have it.
        You might already have this.

        James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
        a dau Elizabeth born 2-2-1852 bap 10-2-1852
        before John Milne and James Davie

        James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
        a son James born 20-7-1849 bap 6-8-1849
        before John Milne and James Davie

        James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
        a dau Jean born 24-2-1854 bap 28-2-1854
        before John Milne and William Thomson

        James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
        a dau Mary born 10-10-1847 bap 11-10-1847
        before Alexander Shivas and John Milne

        Best wishes,
        Catherine

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 11, 2006
          Hi, Catherine:

          No, I didn't have that info. Thanks, it helps give me a better
          picture of the family.

          BTW, what was the original source for this information? Do you know
          in which church the baptisms took place? (Or was there only one
          church in town at that time?)

          Thanks, Hester

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

          > Hi Hester,
          > I've been looking for more info than this for you but Ancestry
          does'nt have it.
          > You might already have this.
          >
          > James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
          > a dau Elizabeth born 2-2-1852 bap 10-2-1852
          > before John Milne and James Davie
          >
          > James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
          > a son James born 20-7-1849 bap 6-8-1849
          > before John Milne and James Davie
          >
          > James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
          > a dau Jean born 24-2-1854 bap 28-2-1854
          > before John Milne and William Thomson
          >
          > James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
          > a dau Mary born 10-10-1847 bap 11-10-1847
          > before Alexander Shivas and John Milne
          >
          > Best wishes,
          > Catherine

          Milne's
          > parents were named Elizabeth Walker and James Milne (a sawyer),
          and
          > that John Imlah's parents were Mary-Ann Burd and James Imlay
          (note
          > spelling difference). I have no birth dates or birth places yet
          for
          > this generation, but I did find that James Imlay was a slater by
          > trade and had died by 1869.
          >
          > When I visited Peterhead, I looked for the graves for these
          > forebears, but without success. Unfortunately, I was on a very
          > tight schedule and only had time to search one churchyard, that
          of
          > the now derelict church beside the woolen mills. In future, I
          will
          > check the ANESFSH lists first.
          >
          > Looking forward to learning more about genealogical research
          methods
          > from all of you, and to hearing from any group members who may
          share
          > some of my ancestors. I'm also interested in information about
          > daily life and culture in Peterhead in the 19th century and
          earlier.

          > Cheers, Hester

          > To unsubscribe send a messaged to: Peterhead-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          home insurance company American family home owner insurance
          > Multi family home for sale Single family home for sale
          Family home finance

          of Service.

          2/4/2006

        • Cci
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2006
            Hi Hester,
            No I don't know what church the baptisms took place, and the source was Ancestry.

            2/4/2006