RE: [Peterhead] Introducing myself & my Peterhead forebears.

  • Alison Palmer
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
      erm...I think you meant www.blootoon.com
      The other link takes you to an adult site. oops! :D

      AP

    • Marie Cooper
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
        I tried the email posted on the 7 February 2006 with the following link
        http://www.bluetoon.com

        I found myself on a page containing sexually oriented adult material.

        How did this link go so wrong? Has this happened to anyone else out there.

        Cheers
        Marie
      • Keith Duncan
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
          Dear Marie,

          The correct URL should have been.
          http://www.blootoon.com

          Hopefully the moderators of this group will remove the link from

          I have been aware of the existence of the other domain for a
          considerable number of months/years... it is nothing new per se, but
          still an arguably unpleasant find!

          Another linke which may be of interest to some can be found at:
          http://www.peterhead-bay.co.uk/

          --
          Keith Duncan

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Marie Cooper" <minbalup@...> wrote:

          > I tried the email posted on the 7 February 2006 with the following link
          > [website address removed]
          >

          > I found myself on a page containing sexually oriented adult material.
          >
          > How did this link go so wrong? Has this happened to anyone else out
          there.

          > Cheers
          > Marie

        • Cci
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2006
            Hi Hester,
            I've been looking for more info than this for you but Ancestry does'nt have it.
            You might already have this.

            James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
            a dau Elizabeth born 2-2-1852 bap 10-2-1852
            before John Milne and James Davie

            James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
            a son James born 20-7-1849 bap 6-8-1849
            before John Milne and James Davie

            James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
            a dau Jean born 24-2-1854 bap 28-2-1854
            before John Milne and William Thomson

            James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
            a dau Mary born 10-10-1847 bap 11-10-1847
            before Alexander Shivas and John Milne

            Best wishes,
            Catherine

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 11, 2006
              Hi, Catherine:

              No, I didn't have that info. Thanks, it helps give me a better
              picture of the family.

              BTW, what was the original source for this information? Do you know
              in which church the baptisms took place? (Or was there only one
              church in town at that time?)

              Thanks, Hester

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

              > Hi Hester,
              > I've been looking for more info than this for you but Ancestry
              does'nt have it.
              > You might already have this.
              >
              > James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
              > a dau Elizabeth born 2-2-1852 bap 10-2-1852
              > before John Milne and James Davie
              >
              > James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
              > a son James born 20-7-1849 bap 6-8-1849
              > before John Milne and James Davie
              >
              > James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
              > a dau Jean born 24-2-1854 bap 28-2-1854
              > before John Milne and William Thomson
              >
              > James Milne, labourer in Peterhead and Elizabeth Walker his wife,
              > a dau Mary born 10-10-1847 bap 11-10-1847
              > before Alexander Shivas and John Milne
              >
              > Best wishes,
              > Catherine

              Milne's
              > parents were named Elizabeth Walker and James Milne (a sawyer),
              and
              > that John Imlah's parents were Mary-Ann Burd and James Imlay
              (note
              > spelling difference). I have no birth dates or birth places yet
              for
              > this generation, but I did find that James Imlay was a slater by
              > trade and had died by 1869.
              >
              > When I visited Peterhead, I looked for the graves for these
              > forebears, but without success. Unfortunately, I was on a very
              > tight schedule and only had time to search one churchyard, that
              of
              > the now derelict church beside the woolen mills. In future, I
              will
              > check the ANESFSH lists first.
              >
              > Looking forward to learning more about genealogical research
              methods
              > from all of you, and to hearing from any group members who may
              share
              > some of my ancestors. I'm also interested in information about
              > daily life and culture in Peterhead in the 19th century and
              earlier.

              > Cheers, Hester

              > To unsubscribe send a messaged to: Peterhead-
              unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              home insurance company American family home owner insurance
              > Multi family home for sale Single family home for sale
              Family home finance

              of Service.

              2/4/2006

            • Cci
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 11, 2006
                Hi Hester,
                No I don't know what church the baptisms took place, and the source was Ancestry.

                2/4/2006