Re: [Peterhead] Digest Number 1298

  • wgm2409@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2006
      Hello Alex,

      Miss May was the older sister of Geo May and she continued to stay in the
      family home in Landale Road until her death in the late 80's. I spent many
      happy hours in that house and sometimes stayed with her when my Uncle's wee home
      was full of other visitors. Miss May was organist at the Muckle Kirk for
      many years and before that at the West Kirk where Geo May was an elder for over
      30 years.

      Geo May was a wonderful man with a fine tenor voice, he was also a scratch
      golfer having won the Peterhead Open in the late 1920s.

      I don't remember Bruce Elder having a brother but I haven't seen him for
      nearly 50 years so I can't be certain. Bruce would have been born in around
      1945..

      I live in Edinburgh and still visit Peterhead every year but now sadly it
      is just to see that the Graves are all in order.

      Regards

      Bill