Re: [Peterhead Wedderburn/Anderson

  • Colin Gordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 1999
      Hi Marjorie and "listers".

      I have an Elspet Wedderburn born about 1796 in Old Meldrum. Married to Robert
      Lumsden in Peterhead on August 21, 1817. I have not been able to discover an
      accurate birth date or parents names for her. Do you, by any chance have
      anything related to her?

      Thanks

      Colin

      Marjorie Gavin wrote:

      > From: "Marjorie Gavin" <marjorie@...>

    • Marjorie Gavin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 1999
        Hi Colin and others interested in Wedderburns

        Elspet Wedderburn died on 6th July 1869, aged 73 years. She was married to
        Robert Lumsden, a seaman, Peterhead. Her parents were William Wedderburn,
        farmer, deceased, and Jane Wedderburn, M.S. Duncan.

        The 1841 Census lists Elspet living in Peterhead, but I haven't noted where.

        Elspet Wedderbrun : 45
        Robert Lumsden : 15 : Carpenter's apprentice
        Mary Lumsden : 13
        James Lumsden : 10
        Elspet Lumsden : 8
        Isabella Lumsden : 6
        Racehl Lumsden : 2

        Elspet was the sister of Elizabeth(1791-1863) who was my g.g.g.grandmother
        and who married Thomas Gordon at Old Meldrum. Rachel, who married George
        Anderson, was another sister.

        Their parents, William Wedderburn and Janet Duncan were married at Old
        Meldrum on 17th April 1792.

        Hope we have a connection

        Marjorie
      • Colin Gordon
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16, 1999
          Well Hello Cousin Marjorie!

          Wade, the list has done it again. This is two for me!

          Marjorie, we are defiantly connected. Elspet Wedderburn and Robert Lumsden
          where my ggg grandparents. (I haven't actually looked tonight, but they are
          likely Carl O'Brien's ggg grandparents too.)

          I'd like to exchange information and add your to my records if that is OK. I
          have virtually nothing on the Wedderburns other than the scantly information on
          Elspet, but the spirit is willing!

          All the best,

          Colin