Re: Bean, Robertson, Taylor, Mowat, Tait, Philip surnames in Aberdeen.

  • Colin Gordon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 1999
      Sheryl,

      I have the following Philip connections starting at my gg-grandmother Jane.
      I don't see a direct connection to yours, but perhaps someone else can add a
      piece? There is also a Robertson in this group, my ggg-grandmother Mary and
      gggg-grandfather, William.

      Regards,

      Colin

      Ancestors of Jane Philip

      Generation No. 1

      1. Jane Philip, born Abt. 1833 in Pitullie, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire,
      Scotland; died October 11, 1913 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire,
      Scotland. She was the daughter of 2. Thomas Philip and 3. Mary Robertson.
      She married (1) Alexander Gordon June 09, 1859 in Sandhaven, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland. He was the son of Charles Gordon and Elizabeth
      Sinclair.

      More About Jane Philip:
      Fact 1: Domestic Servant

      More About Alexander Gordon:
      Fact 1: Journeyman Carpenter
      Fact 2: 1881 census - 8 Link Lane, Pitsligo

      Children of Jane Philip and Alexander Gordon are:
      i. William Leask Gordon, born March 04, 1860 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland; married Isabella Lumsden Murray September 04, 1883
      in Aberdeen, Scotland.

      More About William Leask Gordon:
      Fact 1: Boatbuilder

      ii. John Dickson Gordon, born December 01, 1864 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland; died December 10, 1945 in Aberdeen, Scotland;
      married Christina Greig French December 31, 1886 in Aberdeen, Scotland.

      More About John Dickson Gordon:
      Fact 1: Cooper/Fishcurer in Fraserburgh

      iii. Catherine Gordon, born Abt. 1877 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland; died Abt. 1886 in Rosehearty, Pitliago,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
      iv. Charles Gordon, born 1867 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire,
      Scotland.
      v. George Cook Gordon, born November 17, 1874 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland; married Elsie Simpson January 12, 1899 in
      Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

      More About George Cook Gordon:
      Fact 1: Master Baker

      vi. Mary Gordon, born 1866 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire,
      Scotland.
      vii. Jane Dixon Ross Gordon, born November 10, 1871 in Rosehearty,
      Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland; married Alexander Byth March 12, 1897 in
      Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

      More About Jane Dixon Ross Gordon:
      Fact 1: called "Jeanie"

      More About Alexander Byth:
      Fact 1: Cooper

      viii. Jane Ross Gordon, born February 12, 1870 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland; died October 06, 1871 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

      More About Jane Ross Gordon:
      Fact 1: "Died from Diptheria"

      ix. Alexander Gordon, born June 24, 1861 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
      x. James Trail Gordon, born February 15, 1863 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

      Generation No. 2

      2. Thomas Philip, born June 06, 1817 in Monquhitter Parish, Aberdeenshire,
      Scotland. He was the son of 4. John Philip and 5. Isobel Hepburn. He
      married 3. Mary Robertson.
      3. Mary Robertson, born March 12, 1805 in Tyrie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland;
      died Aft. 1891. She was the daughter of 6. William Robertson and 7. Jean
      Gibson.

      More About Thomas Philip:
      Fact 1: Farmer

      More About Mary Robertson:
      Fact 1: 1891 Census at 87 in Rosehearty

      Child of Thomas Philip and Mary Robertson is:
      1 i. Jane Philip, born Abt. 1833 in Pitullie, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire,
      Scotland; died October 11, 1913 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire,
      Scotland; married Alexander Gordon June 09, 1859 in Sandhaven, Pitsligo,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

      Generation No. 3

      4. John Philip. He married 5. Isobel Hepburn.
      5. Isobel Hepburn.

      Child of John Philip and Isobel Hepburn is:
      2 i. Thomas Philip, born June 06, 1817 in Monquhitter Parish,
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland; married Mary Robertson.

      6. William Robertson. He married 7. Jean Gibson.
      7. Jean Gibson.

      Child of William Robertson and Jean Gibson is:
      3 i. Mary Robertson, born March 12, 1805 in Tyrie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland;
      died Aft. 1891; married Thomas Philip.