James CORDINER and Jane ROBERTSON - 90% solved

  • Ken May
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2005
      Hi Folks,

      Many thanks to everyone who offered help and advice on my ancestry.
      For those who are researching the Cordiners I offer the following
      information...

      James CORDINER born about 1820, married on 23 November 1843 at
      Peterhead, died 23 September 1898 at Peterhead aged 78. His death
      certificate lists his father as Alexander Cordiner and his mother
      Christina Cordiner. I think a little more work might be required on
      Christina to find her maiden name.

      Jane ROBERTSON (wife) was born about 1821 and died on the 11th June
      1907 at Peterhead aged 86. Her death certificate notes her parents
      were William Robertson and Christina Noble. It appears that the
      family lived at Queen Street in Peterhead. Some certificates say 29
      and others 31.

      Only two children have been located...
      James CORDINER born 1 March 1845 at Boddom, and
      Robertson Cordiner born 27 August 1854 at Peterhead.

      Merry Xmas All

      Ken May
      New Zealand