RE: [Peterhead] Digest Number 1288

  • Ian Robertson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2005
      Greetings to Ken/Jean;
      I too am tracing the Robertson Line.
      I have a James Robertson, born Peterhead May 1822, died Paisley 1891,
      son of
      John Robertson, born Peterhead, Sep 1794, son of
      John Robertson, born Peterhead 1773, son of
      John Robertson, born Peterhead Apr 1740, son of
      John Robertson, born abt 1720

      James (b 1822) had a sibling, Robert, born abt 1823
      If you can see any connection, please contact me. Otherwise happy
      hunting!

      Ian Robertson,
      Delta, BC, Canada

      From: "kenjeanmay" <kenjeanmay@...>
      2. Re: James Cordiner and Jane Robertson
      From: "Steve Broekmann" <lawmen@...>
      3. Re: James Cordiner and Jane Robertson
      From: "kenjeanmay" <kenjeanmay@...>
      4. Re: James Cordiner and Jane Robertson
      From: "Cci" <cci@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:27:00 -0000
      From: "kenjeanmay" <kenjeanmay@...>
      Subject: James Cordiner and Jane Robertson

      Hi folks.

      I'm very new to your group and I am looking for information on my gg
      grandparents James Cordiner and Jane Robertson, who were married in
      Peterhead on 23 November 1843. I have included what little information
      I have down to my grandmother Catherine Bain Cordiner...

      1. JAMES CORDINER He married JANE ROBERTSON 23 Nov 1843 in Peterhead,
      Aberdeen, Scotland.

      Child of JAMES CORDINER and JANE ROBERTSON is:
      2. i. ROBERTSON2 CORDINER, b. 27 Aug 1854, Peterhead,
      Aberdeen, Scotland; d. 14 Feb 1924, Fraserburgh, Scotland.

      Generation No. 2

      2. ROBERTSON CORDINER (JAMES1) was born 27 Aug 1854 in Peterhead,
      Aberdeen, Scotland, and died 14 Feb 1924 in Fraserburgh, Scotland.
      He married WILHELMINA ELIZABETH MITCHELL 28 Dec 1882, daughter of
      WILLIAM MITCHELL and CATHERINE BAIN. She was born 24 Jul 1863 in
      Fraserburgh, Scotland, and died 31 Dec 1952 in Scotland.

      Notes for ROBERTSON CORDINER:
      Called Robson. Lived at 11 North Street during the 1891 census and is
      recorded as being at 81 Mid Street in the 1901 census. He was still
      living at Mid Street when he died in 1924. A Tinsmith by trade.

      Children of ROBERTSON CORDINER and WILHELMINA MITCHELL are:
      i. ROBERTSON3 CORDINER, b. 1884, Fraserburgh, Scotland.
      Was living with his parents when the 1901 census was done. Like his
      father, he is listed as a Tinsmith.
      3. ii. CATHERINE BAIN CORDINER, b. 15 Dec 1886,
      Fraserburgh, Scotland; d. 01 Jul 1969, Palmerston North, New Zealand.
      iii. JAMES CORDINER, b. 1888, Fraserburgh, Scotland.
      iv. ELSIE CORDINER, b. 1891, Fraserburgh, Scotland.
      v. LENA CORDINER, b. 1897, Fraserburgh, Scotland.
      vi. WILHELMINA CORDINER, b. 1899, Fraserburgh, Scotland.

      If any of you good people can point me in the direction of a living
      relative, or know any information on my gg grandparents, I would be
      very greatful. I didn't realise their were so many Cordiners
      connected to Peterhead. You are welcome to contact me through the
      notice board or via my e-mail address <kenjeanmay@...>

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:45:09 +0200
      From: "Steve Broekmann" <lawmen@...>
      Subject: Re: James Cordiner and Jane Robertson

      Hi Ken/Jean,

      I wonder if your James CORDINER may have been the son of Alexander
      CORDINER b 4 Jul 1798 at Peterhead and his wife Mary. Alexander died 16
      May 1872. If we are talking of the same James, I have some info on his
      antecedents.

      Steve
      Cape Town
[...]

      To unsubscribe send a messaged to:

      Service.

      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:18:53 -0000
      From: "kenjeanmay" <kenjeanmay@...>

      Hi Steve,

      Interesting thought. I don't have an Alexander or a Mary in my list
      of descendants. Normally the names would follow down through the
      generations. Still there might be a connection and I'd certainly
      like to explore it. I would be interested in hearing further from
      you.

      Ken May
      New Zealand

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Broekmann" <lawmen@i...>

      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      of Service.

      Message: 4
      Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:52:42 +0800
      From: "Cci" <cci@...>

      Hi Ken,

      James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson his wife a son
      Robertson,
      born 27-8-1854 bap 20-9-1954
      before William Robertson snr and jnr

      James Cordiner, Cooper in Boddam and Jane Robertson his wife a son
      James,
      born 1-3-1845 bap 10-3-1845
      before Alexander Cordiner snr and jnr

      On the 1851 census there is a William Mitchell age 21

      Maiden Lane, Peterhead
      William Mitchell, 21, unmar, lodger,House carpenter, born Longside
      John Davidson, 22
      Christian Sangster, 53
      Jessie Sangster, 7
      James Sinclair, 21
      William Willocks, 22

      Do you know who James Cordiner's father was, I could look for details on
      him.

      Best wishes,
      Catherine