Surnames in CAPITALS & real Subjects, Please

  • Ray Hennessy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2005
      Hi List

      Some pet gripes - sorry! Best to get it over before the holidays.

      I belong to many lists, as do most of us. It is vital to be able
      to scan each message quickly to determine if it is relevant.
      We all have busy lives so:

      Could I respectfully ask ALL listers to put
      all Surnames in CAPITALS.

      Many folk do this but many don't.

      Also consider if Place-names/Parish names could put usefully
      be put in capitals when they are the main AND the important
      part of the message.

      And, please, make the SUBJECT of the message meaningful.
      Most people do but folk replying to Digests often leave the
      Subject heading as found. A recent one had this subject:
      "Re: XXXX-D Digest V05 #394"
      This isn't a unique case. Some Lists have whole threads
      similarly obscure. Don't be afraid of changing the Subject
      field, especially if dealing with one point or a variant!

      And, while moaning, could you maybe REMOVE THE DROSS
      from the end of any messages copied. I once had a
      message of one line which had fifteen screensful of
      irrelevant copies [and bland Server messages] attached
      to it when only the latest four line message was relevant.
      I'm running out of storage space.

      End of whinge. I feel better and hope I haven't offended
      anyone. Sorry to anyone who got multiple copies.

      Love & peace to all you good searchers.

      Ray Hennessy