Collie

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2005
      For Colin Collie :

      Hi Colin,
      I too live near Glasgow, about 12 miles west of Glasgow in Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire.

      JAMES A.COLLIE
      Born c1877, son of John Collie & Isabella Norrie
      Married : (1) Mary Adams (2) Mary Haddon (She died March 1906, aged 28)
      Died : October 10th.1942 (Aged 65) (Death Certificate : 168/1 Entry 538 - Aberdeen)
      His actual residence at death was 48 King Street, Peterhead.

      JAMES COLLIE
      Born c1832, son of Alexander Collie & Mary Souttar
      Married : Jane Stewart, daughter of James Stewart (Gardener) & Ann Shand on July 2nd.1871
      (Marriage Certificate : 232 Entry 41) (Jane Stewart died April 8th.1914
      Died : July 16th.1904 (Aged 72).

      How about Alexander Collie (who was married to Mary Souttar) ? do you know much about his sea-faring career ?

      Hope this is of interest..................Alex Ritchie