Fw: re your reply to Colin Collie Peterhead List

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2005
      For Pat Campbell :

      Hi Pat,
      The exhibit at the Peterhead Museum centres mostly around
      John Collie, who was master of both "Rosebuds". The second "Rosebud" was
      built because the original one was deemed to have been too small (for
      whatever activities they wanted to carry out). I think the second one was
      around 370 tons.
      Anyhow, the Museum has photographs of, I think, both vessels
      and information about what trade she participated in. (I noticed from the
      U.S. Lloyds register site that the original "Rosebud" ).

      I would be very interested in any details about William
      Murrison because I don't seem to have him on my "Shipmaster List". I have a
      James Murrison and Alexander Murrison, and a William Murison (but he died in
      Hamburg in 1873, his vessel being "Dart"). Any information would be
      gratefully received.

      Best Regards..................Alex Ritchie