Re: Birnie, Moir, Anderson

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 1999
      Hi Jeannie,

      JMiklos102@... wrote:

      > I have found some strong connections to the above names. Re the information
      > you sent to Judy Hand re Alexander Birnie, I am positive that he would be my
      > ggg grandfather. My grandfather was Andrew Walker Birnie born in Peterhead
      > date approx 1881.

      You probably do have a connection with Judy Hand and also have a
      connection with the other names you have suggested, but I really think
      that you need to get Andrew Birnie's birth certificate to prove it all.
      If he was born in 1881 then this has been filmed by the LDS, otherwise
      you can get a copy from Edinburgh or Aberdeen Registrar.

      > Could you look up both Andrew Walker Birnie and Mary Reid Anderson
      > to see if you can get any information following this information.

      Sorry I don't have access to these records around 1881 and 1886, as I
      said earlier you should get their birth certificates or at least the
      marriage certificate which will also give parents names..

      > Also, can you check out Alexander Birnie's (1816) parents. Also the George
      > Anderson - Wedderburn connection.

      Alexander's death could be:

      No.196, Alexander Birnie, merchant (60 Longate) widower of Maria Ann
      Moir Scott, 3/12/1867, body found in sea North of Inequary?, male 53
      years, parants: James Birnie, mason (dead) and Margaret Birnie ms Bain,
      informant: Peter Birnie, not present, 7 Bath Street.

      No.88, John Anderson, seaman (single) 12/8/1857, 6h pm pm 79 Longate
      Street, male, 25 years, parents: George Anderson seaman (deceased) and
      Rachel Anderson ms Wedderburn, cause: Phthisis Pulmon, about a year,
      informant: Ann Anderson, sister, (present).

      Regards, Wade.
    • JMiklos102@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 1999
        Hi Wade
        death certificate and yes, he was born in 1881. Do you have any records
        available? He also had nine brothers, I know that some of the names were
        Oscar, Alexander, William, James, Joseph, Thomas. Please advise thanks again
        for your help.
        Jeannie
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 1999
          Hi Jeannie,

          JMiklos102@... wrote:

          > death certificate and yes, he was born in 1881. Do you have any records
          > available?

          I don't have access to anything that recent. Since I didn't see Andrew
          in the 1881 census, I would assume he was born after 8th April.

          When and where did Andrew marry? As I've suggested before, I think you
          should get his marriage and birth certificates.

          Regards, Wade.
        • JMiklos102@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 18, 1999
            Thanks Wade, can you tell me where to obtain copies of birth and marriage
            certificates and cost involved. He was married in Peterhead approx 1903.