Re: [Peterhead Wedderburn/Anderson

  • Marjorie Gavin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: JMiklos102@... <JMiklos102@...>
      To: Peterhead@onelist.com <Peterhead@onelist.com>
      Date: 09 March 1999 01:00
      Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Birnie, Moir, Anderson

      >From: JMiklos102@...
      >
      >Hi Jeannie

      I saw you entry on the Peterhead page and the name Anderson/Wedderburn
      caught my attention.

      I have Rachel Wedderburn who married George Anderson, seaman. Her parents
      were William Wedderburn and his wife Janet Duncan. Rachel died in 1868, aged
      69 years and her death was registered by her granddaughter, Agnes
      McPhillips.

      Any connection?

      Marjorie
      >Have you visited our new web site?
      >http://www.onelist.com
      >Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities

    • Colin Gordon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 1999
        Hi Marjorie and "listers".

        I have an Elspet Wedderburn born about 1796 in Old Meldrum. Married to Robert
        Lumsden in Peterhead on August 21, 1817. I have not been able to discover an
        accurate birth date or parents names for her. Do you, by any chance have
        anything related to her?

        Thanks

        Colin

        Marjorie Gavin wrote:

        > From: "Marjorie Gavin" <marjorie@...>

      • Marjorie Gavin
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 1999
          Hi Colin and others interested in Wedderburns

          Elspet Wedderburn died on 6th July 1869, aged 73 years. She was married to
          Robert Lumsden, a seaman, Peterhead. Her parents were William Wedderburn,
          farmer, deceased, and Jane Wedderburn, M.S. Duncan.

          The 1841 Census lists Elspet living in Peterhead, but I haven't noted where.

          Elspet Wedderbrun : 45
          Robert Lumsden : 15 : Carpenter's apprentice
          Mary Lumsden : 13
          James Lumsden : 10
          Elspet Lumsden : 8
          Isabella Lumsden : 6
          Racehl Lumsden : 2

          Elspet was the sister of Elizabeth(1791-1863) who was my g.g.g.grandmother
          and who married Thomas Gordon at Old Meldrum. Rachel, who married George
          Anderson, was another sister.

          Their parents, William Wedderburn and Janet Duncan were married at Old
          Meldrum on 17th April 1792.

          Hope we have a connection

          Marjorie
        • Colin Gordon
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 16, 1999
            Well Hello Cousin Marjorie!

            Wade, the list has done it again. This is two for me!

            Marjorie, we are defiantly connected. Elspet Wedderburn and Robert Lumsden
            where my ggg grandparents. (I haven't actually looked tonight, but they are
            likely Carl O'Brien's ggg grandparents too.)

            I'd like to exchange information and add your to my records if that is OK. I
            have virtually nothing on the Wedderburns other than the scantly information on
            Elspet, but the spirit is willing!

            All the best,

            Colin