Re: [Peterhead] Harbour area photos

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2005
      Thanks for the reply. My family includes Stephen, Kemp & McLeman. I have been very lucky & have
      the Stephen side back to 1831
      Kemp side back to 1830
      McLeman side back to 1720

      My main interest just now is hunting down photographs of the areas where they were born/living.
      I was in Peterhead last week and took some photos but unfortunately Castle & Keith Sts have been demolished. I am looking for photos of these in particular to send to overseas relations

      Alex
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2005
        I have an interest in Castle Street. My grandmother, Flora hay was born at
        No.12 in 1896. The name Stephen is also of interest to me because in 1873
        our Mary Hay lost her husband Peter and married a Samuel Stephen. They had a
        daughter, Georgina in 1881. I don't know much about this. Is there a
        connection I wonder? Any photographs of Castle Street as it used to be would
        be of interest to all in our gallery.

        > Thanks for the reply. My family includes Stephen, Kemp & McLeman. I have
        > been very lucky & have
        > the Stephen side back to 1831
        > Kemp side back to 1830
        > McLeman side back to 1720
        >
        > My main interest just now is hunting down photographs of the areas where
        > they were born/living.
        > I was in Peterhead last week and took some photos but unfortunately Castle
        > & Keith Sts have been demolished. I am looking for photos of these in
        > particular to send to overseas relations
        >
        > Alex

      • sheila_bald
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2005
          I also have an interest in Castle Street. My grandfather, John
          Massie Williamson was born at nº 12 on 30/09/1908, son of Alexander
          Williamson & Amelia Davis.
          My mum, Amelia Davis Williamson was born at nº 20 Castle Street on
          29/04/1933.
          I had family Cardno living in Keith Street from 1820 until about
          1900.
          Sheila

          -- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Jones" <roseville@t...>
          wrote:

          > I have an interest in Castle Street. My grandmother, Flora hay was
          born at
          > No.12 in 1896. The name Stephen is also of interest to me because
          in 1873
          > our Mary Hay lost her husband Peter and married a Samuel Stephen.
          They had a
          > daughter, Georgina in 1881. I don't know much about this. Is there
          > connection I wonder? Any photographs of Castle Street as it used
          to be would
          > be of interest to all in our gallery.

          Terms of

          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        • george4705@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2005
            Your Interest in Castle Street (Peterhead) Hay family peeked my interest. My
            Hay family from same general area. My 2x gg Willian Hay b 1855 (Backgate 20)
            m 1877 (address then at 4 York St. Peterhead) married Isobella Wilson of
            75/2 Kirk St Peterhead.
            Children: Alex, Edward. Isobella, Elizabeth, Mary Ann, John, Arthur, Robert,
            William, George.

            William Hay my 3x gg married Margaret Davidson 11/13/1851 Peterhead.

            I have an interest in Castle Street. My grandmother, Flora hay was born at
            No.12 in 1896. The name Stephen is also of interest to me because in 1873
            our Mary Hay lost her husband Peter and married a Samuel Stephen. They had a
            daughter, Georgina in 1881. I don't know much about this. Is there a
            connection I wonder? Any photographs of Castle Street as it used to be would
            be of interest to all in our gallery.

            george

          • Steve Broekmann
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2005
              No Samuel STEPHEN in my tree as far as I know.

              Perhaps Alex could post the STEPHEN names in his tree.

              Steve

              > Thanks for the reply. My family includes Stephen, Kemp & McLeman. I have
              > been very lucky & have
              > the Stephen side back to 1831
              > Kemp side back to 1830
              > McLeman side back to 1720
              >
              > My main interest just now is hunting down photographs of the areas where
              > they were born/living.
              > I was in Peterhead last week and took some photos but unfortunately Castle
              > & Keith Sts have been demolished. I am looking for photos of these in
              > particular to send to overseas relations
              >
              > Alex

            • D
              Message 6 of 9 , May 24, 2012
                Hi

                Have a look on Facebook Peterhead when you were a kid, lots of photos of the harbour area, including Keith Inch or the "Queenie"

                Regards

                Dave

                Message 7 of 9 , May 24, 2012

                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/355098344507984/