Davidsons of Peterhead

  • Braveheart
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 30, 2005
      Hi to all the group

      Here are some details of what I have found so far

      My father David Davidson is still alive and well in Peterhead,
      My grandfather David Davidson passed away March 1984, his father was
      John Davidson (stone mason)born 06/10/1854 who Married Mary Jane
      Walker. They lived at 9 ST Mary Street,

      His father was James Davidson born at Longside 03 May 1822 (ships
      carpenter) who married Mary Davidson they lived at 10 North Street
      1861 census, they married in 1854.

      Below is a copy of Elisabeth Davidson's death certificate details:-
      No. 80
      Elizabeth Davidson (illigitimate)
      widow of James Davidson, Ship carpenter
      when and where died;
      1892 April 23rd, 5 hr 0 min A.M.
      42? Windmill Street, Peterhead
      sex; F
      age; 84 years
      father; Alexander Reid, Miller (deceased)
      mother; Mary Hutchison, Domestic servant (deceased)
      cause of death; Senile decay
      informant; Alisar Davidson, son, 42 Windmill Street, Peterhead
      registered; 1892 April 23rd at Peterhead

      I'm not sure of the Davidsons above and that is as far as I have
      gone so far

      I have a photograph of John Davidson and his wife Mary Jane and all
      the children in a group photo (includinga wee dog)

      I would love to hear from anyone who has any links to the people
      above or can help me untangle my family roots.

      Best Regards
      David Davidson
      Aberdeen
    • Cci
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 30, 2005
        Hi David, how are you.
        I had a look on Ancestry.
        This is all they had on the names you gave.

        James Davidson, Carpenter in Peterhead and Mary Davidson his wife, a son James
        born 12-11-1854 bap 14-12-1854
        before John and Alexander Davidson

        James Reid, Miller in Rowanscraig a dau Amelia
        born 11-6-1842 bap 26-6-1842
        before Charles Brand and Alexander Reid

        I'm not related to these names.
        If I find anything else, I'll pass it on to you.
        Good luck,
        Catherine

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 30, 2005
          Catherine

          Thank you for the information, I'll put it in my file for later.

          What families are you researching? if I come across anything I will return your kind favour

          Best Regards

          David Davidson

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005
            Hi David,
            I'm also researching Davidson's, Ogston's, Forrest's, McArthur and Gray.
            My Davidson's are;

            James Davidson married Ann Greig 7-9-1805
            children (known)
            John born 1811 Peterhead
            Ann born 1813 Peterhead
            Elizabeth born 1815 Peterhead

            John married Joan Ogston 3-11-1850
            children;
            James born 1852 Peterhead
            David born 1854 Peterhead
            John born 1859 Peterhead
            Ann McKinnon born 1862 Peterhead
            John Barclay born 1864 Peterhead
            Joseph born 1867 Peterhead
            William Hogg born 1870 Peterhead
            Maria born 1872 Peterhead

            I have all the details of the above children and their families except Ann McKinnon.

            Thanks,

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005
              On my tree I have an Elizabeth Ann Gordon Lyon ( 1846-1867) marrying a
              John Davidson ( 1837-1914 ) on 6th October 1864 at Peterhead. They had
              two children Elizabeth Davidson ( b 1866, died 4 days old ) and John born
              26th October 1864.

              Elizabeth and her daughter Elizabeth are both buried in Peterhead Old
              Kirkyard Lair Records A 93 Death Index Ref. 111.

              After his first wife's early death John Davidson re-married, to an Elizabeth
              Hastie in Peterhead 5th December 1869. I had contact a year or two ago from
              someone descended from a child born to this second marriage.

              At 1881 Census they are living at 55, Longate St. Peterhead,

              I have John Davidson ( 1837-1914) parents as George Davidson ( c 1801-
              1870 ) and Margaret Smart. There are several children Alexander ( b 1826 ),
              Barbara Baird ( b 1833 ), Jane ( b 1848 ), Margaret Alexander( b 1828 ),
              David Baird ( b 1845) and George ( b 1831 ).

              Does anyone see connections to this Davidson branch ?

              Richard Lyon
            • pandlgallagher@tiscali.co.uk
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005
                Hi all,

                My g/g/g grandfather was Robert Davidson born Peterhead 1823 died Aberdeen
                1873. He was married to Georgina Russell and they had 12 children. Robert's
                parents were Robert Davidson (joiner) and Margaret Milne.

                Any connections?

                Lindsay

                home+for+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=212&.sig=KHsWwGhmNUfcNGl3wGwoHQ">American
                family home insurance</a></tt>
                +family+home+for+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=212&.sig=7072oQdqh-ixy5QNIlgM4A">American
                family home insurance company</a></tt>
                amily+home+for+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=212&.sig=SLnJnROoeuzjw3R6FgeXWg">American
                family home owner insurance</a></tt>
                +for+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=212&.sig=nF0fLsYV9Tlf-C83-3_nNA">Multi
                family home for sale</a></tt>
                e+for+sale&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=212&.sig=XpRhRrQ7ZY9_bBfGYZXysQ">Single
                family home for sale</a></tt>
                le&w6=Family+home+finance&c=6&s=212&.sig=YcQDIotQRP9DR00deJTjqQ">Family home
                finance</a></tt>

                ><!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->
                >

                ><!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

                > <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
                > <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
                ><ul>
                on the web.<br> </tt>
                Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
                ></ul>
                > <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
                >
                ><!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

                Unlimited Tiscali Broadband from 14.99!
              • Betty Holmes
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005
                  Hi Catherine, re:- John Davidson who m. Joan Ogston 1850.
                  I have a Joan Ogston b.abt Jan. 1831 in
                  Peterhead--parents John Ogston & Williamina Anderson. Could this be the
                  same Joan who m.John Davidson in 1850??? Betty.
                • Cci
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
                    Hi Betty,
                    No, my Joan Ogston's parents were John Ogston and Margaret Calder.
                    I can give you the Ogston's details who were Ship masters in Peterhead if you would like.
                    Catherine