O'Brien's Of Peterhead

  • on6legs
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2005
      Hi, I'm a new member and I'm researching the O'Brien family. I am
      currently stoped at my GG Granfather Born 1833 Peterhead -married Ann
      Milne 1829. I need all the help I can get.
      John O'Brien
    • Cci
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
        Hi John,
        Some of the records have the name O'BRIEN and some have BRIEN.

        This is what I found on Ancestry.

        4 Feb 1831 Thomas Brien, Sailor in Peterhead, twins James and Charles
        witnesses John Lucas and John Hutcheon

        Thomas Brien, Seaman in Peterhead and Margaret Reid his wife a son Thomas
        born 15-8-1846 bap 22-8-1846
        before Paul Drummond and John Davidson

        Thomas Brien, Seaman a son Patrick Bothwell
        bap 29-6-1833
        before James Gordon and Patrick Bothwell

        18-4-1824 Thomas Brien, Sailor in Peterhead a son Alexander
        witnesses James Liesk and Alexander Milne

        George Brien, Seaman in Peterhead and Margaret Reid his wife
        a son James born 26-8-1848 bap 27-8-1848
        before William Arthur and John Davidson

        Thomas Arbuthnot, Esq, in Kinmundie a dau Jean
        born in fornication bap 4-9-1833
        before James Dempster and Thomas Brien

        Best wishes,
        Catherine

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
          Catherine,
          Thank you so much for your info, however that may be another branch of the obrien family