Re: [Peterhead] Simpson correction

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2005
      Hi Malcolm,
      This is the last, I've included all areas of Peterhead.
      Good luck.
      If you need any more names, just ask.
      There's two census entries at the bottom of the page.
      best wishes,
      Catherine

      John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean Bain
      bap 21-10-1836 before John and Alexander Reid

      26-2-1824 William Simpson, Shipmaster in Peterhead a son James
      wit James and George Saunders

      2-1-1831 William Simpson, Shipmaster in Peterhead a son William
      wit James Saunders and James Galloway

      James Simpson, Miller at Invernettie a dau Margaret bap 30-9-1835
      wit James Ogston and James Smith

      Charles Stephen, Labourer at Burnside of Boddam and Isobel Simpson
      his wife a son Robert Donaldson born 16-7-1846 bap 3-8-1846
      before James and Alexander Stephen

      William Simpson, Farm servant in Peterhead and Elspet Muirson his wife
      a son John born 11-4-1853 bap 27-5-1853
      before Mrs Muirson and Mrs Henry

      John Simpson, Labourer in Colliwlaw and Janet Simpson his wife
      a dau Mary born 3-6-1853 bap 5-7-1853
      before Alexander laing and Andrew Morgan

      John Crowther, Seaman in Peterhead and Margaret Simpson his wife
      a son John Simpson born 4-5-1845 bap 7-5-1845
      before William Abernethy and George Milne

      James Simpson, Cooper in Peterhead a son James bap 24-9-1837
      wit East Church Congregation

      Robert Robertson, Shipmaster in Peterhead and Jane Simpson his wife
      a son John born 21-11-1847 bap 28-12-1847 before George and John Simpson

      Alexaneer Craig, Shipmaster in Peterhead and Ann Simpson his wife
      a son David born 17-12-1849 bap 31-12-1849
      before John Craig and Alexander Simpson

      Alexander Reid, Schoolmaster in Boddam a son Blyth Simpson
      bap 23-11-1837 before David Hutcheon and James Stephen

      William Simpson, Crofter in Stirlinghill had twins Keith and John Cruickshank
      bap 3-12-1838 before Andrew Taylor and James Robertson

      On the 1891 census;
      ship 'TRAVELLER'
      county of North Sheilds
      Alexander Simpson, mar, Master, 56, born Peterhead
      William I. Simpson, unmar, Ordinary Seaman, born Peterhead

      1881 census
      128 Osborne St
      Kingston upon Hull
      Yorkshire
      William Simpson, lodger, unmar, 28, Seaman, born Peterhead