Simpson correction

  • malcolm.simpson
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2005
      Yesterday I wrote George Simpson married Margaret Buchan 1816.This should have been Jane Innes, Margaret Buchan being his Mother.
      Many thanks to Catherine,Alex and Hazel for your replies and information.
      These chaps seem to have had a busy time attending baptisms!
      Still hoping for info.on Alexander Simpson.
      Best Wishes to all.Malcolm Simpson.

    • Cci
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2005
        Hi Malcolm,
        I had a look for Alexander Simpson, but nothing came up on him except as witnesses to Baptisms.

        There is a ;
        William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead
        John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead
        William Simpson, Labourer at Stirlinghill
        George Simpson, Quarrier at Invernettie

        You can have the details of these people is you like also.

        Best wishes,
        Catherine

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2005
          Hi Catherine,
          I was hoping to find Alexander Simpson to be husband of
          Margaret Buchan and father to George Simpson; I have been looking for so
          long!
          I should be delighted to receive details of these other Simpsons.
          Many thanks and Best Wishes,Malcolm.
          > I had a look for Alexander Simpson, but nothing came up on him except as
          witnesses to Baptisms.

          > There is a ;
          > William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead
          > John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead
          > William Simpson, Labourer at Stirlinghill
          > George Simpson, Quarrier at Invernettie
          >
          > You can have the details of these people is you like also.
          >
          > Best wishes,
          > Catherine

          insurance company American family home owner insurance
          > Multi family home for sale Single family home for sale Family
          home finance

          Service.

          ----

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

        • Cci
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2005
            Hi Malcolm,
            I'll send the info bit by bit.
            Catherine

            All Peterhead

            28-3-1752 William Simpson and James Hawthorn, taylors, witnesses

            15-4-1801 John Watt, Weaver in Peterhead a son John,
            wit John Robertson and Alexander Simpson

            James Simpson, Farm servant in Springhill and Elizabeth Sim his wife a son John
            born 22-9-1849 bap 19-11-1849 before Robert Barnet and John McIntosh

            3-6-1821 William Paton, Labourer in Peterhead a dau Catharine Robertson
            wit James Low and Alexander Simpson

            Robert Robertson, Shipmaster in Peterhead and Jean Simpson his wife a dau Jean Innes
            born 2-4-1853 bap 4-8-1853 before Thomas Robertson snr and jnr

            2-2-1823 Sylvester Thomas Russel, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Barbara
            wit William Simpson and Alexander Gall

            George Simpson, Labourer in Cowhills a son Andrew bap 8-7-1834
            before Andrew Simpson and James McDonald

            George Murray, Labourer in Blackhill and Christian Simpson his wife a son Micheal
            born 29-9-1853 bap 27-10-1853 before James and George cruickshank

            10-4-1765 William Simpson, Shoemaker. James Forbes (present)

            James Simpson, Cooper in Peterhead a son William bap 7-11-1840
            before the East Church Congregation

            10-6-1770 William Simpson, Shoemaker a dau baptised Janet

            14-10-1821 William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead a dau Isabella
            wit James and George Saunders

            William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead a son Alexander bap 12-5-1833
            before James Saunders snr and jnr

            James Simpson, Miller in Whitehall a dau Mary born 18-1-1842 bap 25-2-1842
            before Agnes Barclay and William Simpson

            James Simpson, Cart wright in Peterhead and Janet Ewan his wife a son William
            born 27-8-1842 bap 7-9-1842 before James Webster and D. McWilliam (born in fornication)

            John Murray, Seaman in Peterhead a son John bap 13-11-1836
            before William Saunders and William Simpson

            17-12-1817 John Simpson, Sailor in Newcastle a son John
            wit George Hutcheon and John Hutcheon

            Robert Hutchison, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Rebecca bap 22-5-1836
            before William and James Simpson

            22-10-1755 William Simpson and James Hawthorn witnesses

            David Christie, Shipmaster in Peterhead a son Alexander born 12-1-1843 bap 17-1-1843
            before John Murdock and William Simpson

            William Simpson, Farm servant in Cruden and Elspet Murray his wife a dau Margaret Ann
            born 3-10-1851 bap 20-10-1851 before Alexander Muirson and John Simpson

            21-6-1829 William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead a dau Jean
            wit James Saunders snr and jnr

            11-10-1824 James Simpson, Miller at Invernettie a dau Helen
            wit John Hutton and William Thomson

            George Simpson, Crofter in Corhills a dau Agnes bap 19-7-1836
            before Andrew Simpson snr and jnr

            Andrew Buchan, Fisherman in Buchanhaven and Jean Simpson his wife a dau Margaret
            born 7-11-1849 bap 12-11-1849 before Arthur and Peter Buchan

            John Simpson, Shoemaker in Collielaw and Janet Simpson his wife a son
            born- bap 30-4-1858 before John Simpson and George Murray, named Alexander Watson

            Maxwell Cruickshank, Quarrier in Blackhill and Isobel Simpson his wife a dau
            Barbara Thomson born 22-5-1854 bap 10-8-1854 before Kenneth and William McIntosh

            16-7-1829 Thomas Russel, Sailor in Peterhead a son Alexander Simpson

            23-3-1832 Alexander Collie, farm servant in Berryhill a son James
            wit William Murray and James Simpson

            James Smith, Miller at Invernettie a son James bap 7-8-1834
            before James Simpson and Robert Reid

            John Simpson, Labourer in Peterhead and Jean Wallace his wife a son Robert
            born 7-2-1851 bap 17-3-1851 before John Simpson snr and jnr

            James Ogston, Brewer in Invernettie ason George bap 6-7-1833
            beofre John Hutton and James Simpson

            James Smith, Miller at Invernettie a dau Jean bap 17-6-1837
            before James Simpson and Peter Barclay

            12-11-1826 Thomas Russel, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Sarah
            wit William Simpson and John Grant

            9-7-1830 Alexander Henderson, Farmer at Springhill a son George
            wit Isobel Simpson and Elizabeth McLean

            11-9-1828 James Simpson, Miller in Peterhead a son John
            wit James Ogston and William Thomson

            > I had a look for Alexander Simpson, but nothing came up on him except as
            witnesses to Baptisms.

            > There is a ;
            > William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead
            > John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead
            > William Simpson, Labourer at Stirlinghill
            > George Simpson, Quarrier at Invernettie
            >
            > You can have the details of these people is you like also.
            >
            > Best wishes,
            > Catherine

            Service.

            ----

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --

          • Cci
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 9, 2005
              Malcolm,
              A bit more

              George Simpson, Labourer in Invernettie Hill and Mary Simpson his wife
              a son Hector McKenzie born 25-3-1849 bap 30-4-1849 before Andrew Simpson
              and Alexander Gray

              8-4-1826 William Simpson, Labourer in Whitchills a son James Perry
              wit Andrew and William Walker

              8-8-2826 James Simpson, Miller in Peterhead a dau Elizabeth
              wit John Hutton and William Thomson

              George Simpson, Crofter in Cowhills a son John born 5-6-1840 bap 20-6-1840
              wit Andrew Sim and George Oldman

              22-10-1755 William Simpson, Shoemaker a dau Jean

              2-10-1831 John Murray, Seaman in Peterhead a son George Simpson
              wit William Saunders and Alexander Allan

              James Simpson, Farm servant at Springhill and Elizabeth Sim his wife
              a son William born 21-9-1852 bap 26-10-1852 before
              Kenneth McIntosh and Thomas Mutch

              William Simpson, Farm servant at Invernettie and Helen Will his wife
              a dau Margaret bap 22-4-1851 in fornication bap 13-5-1851
              before William Milne and John Clark

              7-10-1832 John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead a son William Alexander Horatio
              wit Farquhar and Alexander Wilson

              14-9-1823 William Simpson, Labourer in Peterhead a dau Mary
              wit Robert Inch and Robert Bowman

              William Muirson, Rope and sail maker in Peterhead a dau Georgina Simpson
              born 12-8-1841 bap 29-8-1841 before East Church Congregation

              John Simpson, Saddler in Peterhead a son John born 1-2-1842 in fornication
              bap 25-4-1842 before witnesses

              Maxwell Cruickshank, Labourer in Blackhill and Isabel Simpson his wife a dau Isabel
              born 7-11-1849 bap 19-11-1849 before Robert Barnet and John McIntosh

              1-4-1827 William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead a dau Elizabeth
              wit John Saunders and Thomas Russel

              14-5-1763 William Henderson, Mariner and William Simpson, Shoemaker, present

              William Simpson, Labourer in Stirlinghill a son Robert born 15-9-1842 bap 19-10-1842
              wit Alexander Chevas and Kenneth McIntosh

              13-8-1762 William Simpson, Shoemaker a dau Margaret

              8-6-1817 William Simpson, Labourer in Peterhead a dau Isabella
              wit Maxwell Forbes and John Forbes

              George Simpson, Quarrier at Invernettie and Margaret Simpson his wife
              a son Alexander born 27-7-1854 bap 19-10-1854
              wit Kenneth McIntosh and James Mitchell

              21-12-1822 John Simpson, Labourer in Dens a son John
              wit David Ritchy and Thomas Murray

              George Simpson, Crofter in Cowhills a son George bap 10-1-1838
              before Robert barnet and Thomas Will

              John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead and Helen Scott his wife a son John
              born 11-5-1853 bap 25-5-1853 before John Cowie and Charles Henry

              James Simpson, Miller in Invernettie a dau Amelia born 29-4-1839
              bap 4-5-1839 before Robert reid and John Anderson

              29-6-1831 Andrew Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Elizabeth Martin
              wit John Martin and Daniel Ross

              2-12-1821 George Simpson, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Elizabeth
              wit John Martin and John Murray

              29-7-1831 James Simpson, Miller at Invernettie a son James
              wit James Ogston and John Morrice

              Janet Simpson relic of Andrew Smith, Merchant in Peterhead 24-8-1739

              John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Ann Fiddler born 1-9-1834
              bap 27-10-1834 beofre Peter Birnie and Alexander Reid

              George Simpson, Crofter in Invernettie Hill and Mary Simpson his wife
              a dau Agnes born 19-1-1847 bap 9-2-1847 before Andrew and William Simpson

              23-2-1823 William Simpson, Shipmaster in Peterhead a dau Jean
              wit James and George Saunders

              15-1-1830 James Simpson, Farm servant Downiehill a son James
              wit John Mackie and Andrew Dinnes

              George Murray, Labourer in Peterhead and Christian Simpson his wife
              a dau Mary born 26-11-1845 bap 31-12-1845 before James Cruickshank
              and James Johnston

              11-9-1828 John Simpson, Miller in Peterhead a son John
              wit James Ogston and William Thomson

              1-7-1825 John Simpson, Labourer in Peterhead a dau Marie
              wit William Law and William Walker

              1-6-1821 William Simpson, Labourer in Buchanhaven a son Robert
              wit Alexander baird and Alexander davidson

              George Simpson, Crofter in Muirhill a dau Mary born 4-9-1842
              bap 13-10-1842 before Andrew Simpson and George Oldman

              Alexander Craig, Shipmaster in Peterhead and Ann Simpson his wife a son Alexander
              born 26-7-1847 bap 2-8-1847 before Charles Brands and James Aiken

              George Murray, Labourer in Peterhead and Christian Simpson hios eife a dau Mary
              born 31-7-1848 bap 11-9-1848 before James Cruickshank and Alexander Micheal

              William Simpson, Labourer in Stirlinghill a son Alexander bap 26-9-1834
              wit James Simpson and John Cruickshank

              Maxwell Cruickshank, Labourer in Blackhill and Isabella Simpson his Wife a son James
              born 7-12-1851 bap 3-2-1851 before Kenneth and John McIntosh

              12-5-1760 William Simpson, Shoemaker a dau baptised Mary
              17-2-1766 William Simpson, Shoemaker a son baptised Robert

              Alexander reid, Teacher in Boddam and Elizabeth Sim his wife
              a son George Gardiner born 29-9-1845 bap 7-10-1849
              before William Reid and Charles Hall

              John Simpson, Shipmaster in Peterhead and Helen Scott his wife
              a son George born 24-6-1854 bap 30-6-1854
              before John Cowie and William Taylor

              George Simpson, Crofter in Invernettie Hill a son John McIntosh
              born 28-9-1844 bap 28-10-1844
              before Andrew Simpson and George McIntosh

              6-4-1828 Rev. James Scott, Congregational minister for Peterhead a son
              James Simpson, wit, his own congregation

              James Simpson, Cooper in Peterhead a dau Margaret born 20-3-1839
              bap 31-3-1839 before East Church Congregation

              > I had a look for Alexander Simpson, but nothing came up on him except as
              witnesses to Baptisms.

              > There is a ;
              > William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead
              > John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead
              > William Simpson, Labourer at Stirlinghill
              > George Simpson, Quarrier at Invernettie
              >
              > You can have the details of these people is you like also.
              >
              > Best wishes,
              > Catherine

              Service.

              ----

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > --

            • Cci
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 9, 2005
                Hi Malcolm,
                This is the last, I've included all areas of Peterhead.
                Good luck.
                If you need any more names, just ask.
                There's two census entries at the bottom of the page.
                best wishes,
                Catherine

                John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean Bain
                bap 21-10-1836 before John and Alexander Reid

                26-2-1824 William Simpson, Shipmaster in Peterhead a son James
                wit James and George Saunders

                2-1-1831 William Simpson, Shipmaster in Peterhead a son William
                wit James Saunders and James Galloway

                James Simpson, Miller at Invernettie a dau Margaret bap 30-9-1835
                wit James Ogston and James Smith

                Charles Stephen, Labourer at Burnside of Boddam and Isobel Simpson
                his wife a son Robert Donaldson born 16-7-1846 bap 3-8-1846
                before James and Alexander Stephen

                William Simpson, Farm servant in Peterhead and Elspet Muirson his wife
                a son John born 11-4-1853 bap 27-5-1853
                before Mrs Muirson and Mrs Henry

                John Simpson, Labourer in Colliwlaw and Janet Simpson his wife
                a dau Mary born 3-6-1853 bap 5-7-1853
                before Alexander laing and Andrew Morgan

                John Crowther, Seaman in Peterhead and Margaret Simpson his wife
                a son John Simpson born 4-5-1845 bap 7-5-1845
                before William Abernethy and George Milne

                James Simpson, Cooper in Peterhead a son James bap 24-9-1837
                wit East Church Congregation

                Robert Robertson, Shipmaster in Peterhead and Jane Simpson his wife
                a son John born 21-11-1847 bap 28-12-1847 before George and John Simpson

                Alexaneer Craig, Shipmaster in Peterhead and Ann Simpson his wife
                a son David born 17-12-1849 bap 31-12-1849
                before John Craig and Alexander Simpson

                Alexander Reid, Schoolmaster in Boddam a son Blyth Simpson
                bap 23-11-1837 before David Hutcheon and James Stephen

                William Simpson, Crofter in Stirlinghill had twins Keith and John Cruickshank
                bap 3-12-1838 before Andrew Taylor and James Robertson

                On the 1891 census;
                ship 'TRAVELLER'
                county of North Sheilds
                Alexander Simpson, mar, Master, 56, born Peterhead
                William I. Simpson, unmar, Ordinary Seaman, born Peterhead

                1881 census
                128 Osborne St
                Kingston upon Hull
                Yorkshire
                William Simpson, lodger, unmar, 28, Seaman, born Peterhead

                > I had a look for Alexander Simpson, but nothing came up on him except as
                witnesses to Baptisms.

                > There is a ;
                > William Simpson, Shoemaker in Peterhead
                > John Simpson, Seaman in Peterhead
                > William Simpson, Labourer at Stirlinghill
                > George Simpson, Quarrier at Invernettie
                >
                > You can have the details of these people is you like also.
                >
                > Best wishes,
                > Catherine

                Service.