Re Leslies and Smiths

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 1:58 AM
      Hi Judy,

      Judy Hand wrote:

      > This is the last request tonight, I promise. However, as the Smith and
      > Leslie families seem to be connected, I notice on your marriage index
      > that a Christian Smith married a man named Chalmer on 2 October, 1865,
      > and that her father's name was John Smith and her mothers maiden name
      > was Leslie. Would it be possible to check this one out, too?

      No.47, 2/10/1865 at 15 Merchant Street, United Presbyterian, William
      Chalmers carter bachelor, 23, Windmill Street, parents: Alexander
      Chalmers, farmer and Margaret Chalmers ms Shewan married to Christian
      Smith, widow, 30, Merchant Street, parents: John Smith ship carpenter
      and Jean Smith ms Leslie (dead), witnesses: William Fraser and C.
      Fraser.