Re: [Peterhead] Alexander Bruce & Grace Robertson

  • Betty
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2005
      Thanks Catherine Any other suggestions how to find this elusive pair?
      Betty

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2005
        Hi Betty,
        I've searched on Ancestry.com and there's hundreds of Bruce's especially for Peterhead where he and Grace married, but not as far back in date to your Alexander and Grace.
        I did find from the Commissariot of Aberdeen 1715-1800 records;
        Alexander Bruce, Wright in Auchlin par. of Aberdour 5-12-1765
        This is all that was written and it might not be your Alexander Bruce, but it's around his time.
        This is about all the help I can suggest and to look at the OPR.
        Best wishes,
        Catherine

        Thanks Catherine Any other suggestions how to find this elusive pair?
        Betty

        > I don't think the OPR would give you the parents names on a marriage, at
        > least not that early.
        > To hire the Longside OPR from the Mormon's would only cost $6 and it would
        > tell you for sure.
        > On it are;
        > baptisms 1621 - 1633, 1657 - 1819, 1820 - 1854
        > marriages 1657 - 1716, 1783 - 1819, 1820 - 1854
        > burials 1692 - 1723, 1820 - 1854
        >
        > Good luck,
        > Catherine

      • Betty