REUNION - HENDERSON FAMILY OF NEW DEER, LONGSIDE, PETERHEAD AND ELLON, ABERDEENSHIRE, SCOTLAND

  • MRB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      My gggrandparents were George Henderson and Margaret Allan. I have tentatively identified eight children, born between 1777 (in New Deer) and 1800 (in Longside). My branch is descended from a George Henderson and Jane Mitchell, with many branches of that family migrating to Australia, from Ellon.

      In June, I will be back in Aberdeen, and am trying to contact as many other descendants of the George Henderson/Margaret Allan family that may be around. Already we have made contact with 2 branches of children to my George & Jane, and who did not come to Australia, and one branch of a sibling to George & Jane.

      Tentative date would be the morning of Tues, June 28, meeting in the morning, and having lunch together. I have no big plans, but just taking the opportunity to perhaps find some other family contacts, and swap notes. Depending on numbers we can then select a place to meet. However, as my playground is Sydney, I would welcome any suggestions as to a suitable place to meet.

      For details of my family, please see my website http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/r/o/Michael-Brock-Baulkham-Hills/index.html , and if you see any connection, and might be interested in attending the reunion, please let me know. I know it is a bit late - like 150 years or so - but better late than never.

      Best Regards

      Michael Brock (nee Henderson)