Re: More details

  • bigal6164
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22, 2005
      hullo, David

      I have a (newly-discovered) William BARRON (b. 1838/9? or maybe even
      1828/9?) married to Ann TOCHER (12th May 1863).
      William's parents appear to have been Alexander BARRON and Ann
      [indecipherable].

      Any connection likely?

      Alistair Bain

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "J. David Barron"
      <jdbarron@... wrote:
      > Thanks so much, Lottie:
      > I appreciate your input... trouble is, now I know that line I've
      been tracing
      > isn't the right one. My GG Grandfather was a John Barron, who
      married a woman
      > named Christian Pirie in Old Deer in 1835. Since there was a John
      Barron born to
      > John Barron and Margaret Youngson in Old Deer in 1814, I assumed he
      was the right
      > one. However, if he died in 1841, he's not the right one since my
      GGrandfather
      > Alexander was born in 1845 to John and Christian. Are there any
      references in your
      > book to the John Barron married to Christian Pirie?
      >
      > Take care, and thanks again.
      > David

      > > The following is taken from "The Kirkyard of New Deer"
      published by
      > > ANESFHS.Item #228
      > > "Erected to the memory of JOHN BARRON late farmer in Brucehill
      D.28 Apr. 1846
      > > in 63rd year. His eldest son JOHN d.14 Sept.1841 in 27th year.
      MARGARET