Re: ELRICK & PIRIE

  • bigal6164
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2005
      Hullo, Dr Holmes

      PIRIEs and ELRICKs are confounding me also! Just wondering whether
      you've unearthed anything since you posted your message?

      The James PIRIE and Anne ELRICK you mention were 4th Great-Grandparents
      of mine, through their son, William (1805-1883).

      Unfortunately, James and Anne are among my brick walls ... but if I can
      assist with William's (above) descendants please let me know.

      Alistair Bain

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes" <bede@n...>
      wrote:
      > For some time I have been stuck on these 2 names.
      > Charles BRUCE m Isabel ELRICK 1796 in Aberdeen.[She was b. in
      Peterhead
      > 1768] The only 2 children I know of were also born there-William in
      1797
      > and John 1799.[my husband's
      > G-G- Grandfather] John & William were in Peterhead by 1933.
      > John's first child-also John was borm 1833. Witnesses at his
      christening
      > were Wm Bruce and William PIRIE.
      > From the IGI there is a William Pirie son of James Pirie & Anne
      Elrick.