Re: [Peterhead] My names

  • Betty Harris
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11 2:43 PM
      My grandfather's mother was Eliza Fraser Craighead,
      born in Peterhead 1839 or 1842 & listed as domestic
      servant. Her parents were William Craighead, farmer, &
      Charlotte Grant. Eliza died in Aberdeen, 1909, & is
      buried in John Knox Cemetery.

    • Cci
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12 12:15 AM
        Hi Betty,

        I found 1 entry for your Craighead family.

        William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Charlotte Grant his wife, a dau Catherine Prain, born 14-10-1846 bap 24-11-1846, witnesses William Forbes and Alexander Collie.

        There were another two for a William Craighead also a labourer but with a different wife.

        William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Sarah Milne his wife a son William born 10-9-1853 bap 4-10-1853. witnesses William Shand and James Stewart

        William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Sarah Milne his wife, a dau, Isabella born 6-4-1850 bap 25-4-1850. witnesses William Gibson and George Youngson

        Hope this helps you.
        Best wishes,
        Catherine

        Message 3 of 6 , May 12 6:29 AM
          Hi Catherine - Thanks for your prompt reply.
          Betty