HAY/GREY OR GRAY

  • Marion McCall
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2005
      My husband also has ancestors from in and around Peterhead.

      Alexander HAY married Catherine GRAY or GREY and they had a daughter, Mary b
      1847 in Cruden Bay that married William JAFFRAY in 1879.

      Any connections, anyone?

      Happy hunting! Marion
    • Jen
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2005
        Do you know who Alexander's parents were? My Hays were from both Peterhead and Cruden. I have Alexander Hay who married Isabella Alexander in Peterhead in 1810.

        They had daughters Margaret, born around 1812, who married James Daniel in Cruden and Isabella who married John Alexander in Cruden, 1838.

        I don't know whether they had any other offspring but I guess it is possible that we could be linked somewhere not too far away.

        Regards,

        Jen