Re: Ogston & Stevenson

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 1999
      Hi Susan,

      Welcome to the list. I replied here as others might find an interest.

      m-sfairchild@... wrote:

      > William and Anne married June 1884 in Peterhead.
      > Anne Stevenson Ogston taught at Miss Comrie's school on St.. Peter Street.
      > William Ogston was a news paper reporter I believe for the Aberdeen Free
      > Press and The Peterhead Sentinel. (I would love to know for certain which
      > newspaper he work for!)They Lived at 6 Merchant Street in the 1891 census.
      > They had three children - William Jr.. born 1885, George born 1886 and then
      > Helen. William and George were both employed by Hudson Bay Company and left
      > Scotland in 1902 and 1904 respectively. (I am transcribing William Jr.. 's
      > journals that cover the year that he left - starting with the voyage - very
      > interesting!) Helen and her mother emigrated to Canada sometime around
      > 1913.

      > Any other information or leads would be gratefully appreciated!!

      Glad you mention the occupations. From the 1881 census for Peterhead.

      District 12, page 15, 14 Maerchant Street
      Isabella Christian, head, Widow, 68, Lodging House+, Peterhead
      Maragret Bruce, serv, unmar, 27, Domestic Serv+, Peterhead
      William Wildgoose, lodg, unmar, 21, Newspaper Rep+, Aberdeen
      William Ogston, lodg, unmar, 30, Newspaper Rep+, Old Deer

      District 12, page 16, 20 Merchant Street
      George Robertson, head, mar, 53, Draper, Keith Hal, Abd
      Ellen Robertson, wife, mar, 42, Peterhead
      Christian S. Robertson, daur, 4, Peterhead
      Margaret Crowther, sisL, widow, 60, Peterhead
      Annie Stevenson, niece, unmar, 19, Pupil Teacher, London, Mid
      Christian Fraser, serv, unmar, 23, nurse, Peterhead
      Catherine Amabilina, serv, unmar, 22, cook, London, Mid

      Hope this helps.