Re: [Peterhead] MURRAY/JOHNSON/BRUCE/STRACHAN/THOMSON

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 10 , May 5 12:31 AM
      Hi Marion, how are you.

      I went through the remaining names but found nothing for George Bruce, all the dates were or 1806 and later.
      Nothing for Samuel Johnston and that was for all of Aberdeenshire.
      There were some Masson's in Peterhead but not a James.
      Nothing for Peter Still. The only 'Still' listed was a James Still, a seaman.
      If you have a Mormon Family History Library near you, you can hire the Peterhead OPR film, there might be more on it with your family names.

      Good luck with your family tree Marion.

      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 10 , May 5 3:01 AM
        Hi Catherine,

        I'm fine thanks. Another lovely day in what should be winter, which is fine with me!
        George BRUCE was in Peterheard in 1841, that's the last sighting. I assume he died before 1855 as he was already 79 in 1841. If that was his correct age. Haven't found him to identify in a lair though.
        We do have an LDS but got no further. The Samuel JOHNSTONs snr & jnr are very elusive. Thank you for searching, at least have eliminated that as a further source which is good to know. I still have other people further back to do, MILNE etc. so no lack of things to do.

        Cheers,
        Marion