My names

  • airlievillas
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      Hi,

      I am new to the group so am just letting you know the names I am
      researching.

      I have Craighead, Alexander and Hay, all with definite Peterhead
      connections.

      Isabella Alexander, born 1786, Peterhead, daughter of Charles
      Alexander and Margaret Craighead. Isabella married Alexander Hay,
      1810, Peterhead.

      What I don't know is how far afield I am allowed to go, as most of
      this side of my family came from the Cruden, Port Errol and Lonmay
      areas. Do they count for this forum or is it just for Peterhead
      itself?

      If I am allowed to ask about these areas, I also have Milne, Daniel,
      Robertson and Mitchel to add.

      Regards,

      Jen
    • Margaret Hector
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2005
        Hi,
        I have BOYDS married to a Robertson and a Hay.
        Cheers
        Margaret

      • george4705@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2005
          In a message dated 05/03/2005 6:42:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          gannet@... writes:

          > I have Craighead, Alexander and Hay, all with definite Peterhead
          > connections.
          >
          > Isabella Alexander, born 1786, Peterhead, daughter of Charles
          > Alexander and Margaret Craighead. Isabella married Alexander Hay,
          > 1810, Peterhead.
          I have a William Hay In Peterhead.. a seaman b. abt 1830 and married Margaret
          Davidson 1850

          George

        • Betty Harris
          Message 4 of 6 , May 11, 2005
            My grandfather's mother was Eliza Fraser Craighead,
            born in Peterhead 1839 or 1842 & listed as domestic
            servant. Her parents were William Craighead, farmer, &
            Charlotte Grant. Eliza died in Aberdeen, 1909, & is
            buried in John Knox Cemetery.

          • Cci
            Message 5 of 6 , May 12, 2005
              Hi Betty,

              I found 1 entry for your Craighead family.

              William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Charlotte Grant his wife, a dau Catherine Prain, born 14-10-1846 bap 24-11-1846, witnesses William Forbes and Alexander Collie.

              There were another two for a William Craighead also a labourer but with a different wife.

              William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Sarah Milne his wife a son William born 10-9-1853 bap 4-10-1853. witnesses William Shand and James Stewart

              William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Sarah Milne his wife, a dau, Isabella born 6-4-1850 bap 25-4-1850. witnesses William Gibson and George Youngson

              Hope this helps you.
              Best wishes,
              Catherine

              Message 6 of 6 , May 12, 2005
                Hi Catherine - Thanks for your prompt reply.
                Betty