Re: Welcome to Peterhead@onelist.com

  • Joyce Piper
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 24, 1999
      Hi Wade
      The following people I am researching from Peterhead :

      Sarah Davidson b6 May 1830;married Dugald McLeod 19 March 1850
      William Vollum McLeod b13 Oct 1834;
      Ann McLeod b 24 Oct 1830;
      Robina McLeod b 14 Oct 1866, married William Gordon 1 Sept 1886
      William Gordon b 7 Aug 1859
      Thomas McLeod b22 Sept 1853; James McLeod b 15 March 1856;
      Dugald McLeod b 11 Jun 1860; William Vollum McLeod b11 Jun 1864;
      Helen Ann McLeod b 15 Oct 1850; Sarah McLeod b 13 Oct 1857;
      Sarah McLeod b 11 May 1862; Patrician Jamieson McLeod b Feb 10 1872.
      Christina Glennie Gordon b 19 Dec 1890
      Many thanks
      Joyce
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 9 8:59 PM
        I am researching HERD John Thomas born c1860, brothers David, Charles sons
        of George. Have checked IGI and Scots Origins on the web but havent found
        anything as yet. Can anyone make a suggestion.
      • J. David Barron
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 24 9:59 AM
          Hello:

          I am researching the families Barron and Pirie. The information I have so far, is
          that my Great-Grandfather, Alexander Barron, left Peterhead at age 14 (lying about
          his age) to join the merchant marine. He was baptised in 1845 in Old Deer parish,
          and his parents were John Barron, and Christian Pirie. The next record I have of
          him is his marriage certificate, dated 1874 in Toronto. I am interested in learning
          more about the Piries and the Barrons. Alexander's mother seems to have been
          baptised in 1807 and her parents were Alexander Pirie and Christian Morgan or
          Margan. Alexander had brothers and sisters Christian, Thomas, John, William, Anne
          and Jane (twins).

          I know about Alexander's descendants, and am interested in his ancestors and
          siblings.

          I can provide details about the information I have, and would love to learn
          anything new about these families.

          Regards from Ottawa, Canada

          John David Barron
        • Pearl Wilson
          Message 4 of 18 , May 5, 1999
            Hi All Members,

            And thankyou for setting up this List Wade..

            My main Line in Peterhead is that of the GIBB Family.

            Any others related out there???

            Cheers,
            Pearl.
            http://members.tripod.com/PearlsPad/
          • DMHINEY@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 18 , May 18, 1999
              I'm Researching the Will Surname. My gg grandfather James Will was born in
              Peterhead in 1809. Have no Idea who parents were. Anyone with info on this
              surname please contact me.

              Thanks
              Debbie
            • anna wilkie
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 11, 1999
                >From: Peterhead-owner@onelist.com
                >To: anna_wilkie@...
                >Subject: [Peterhead] Welcome to Peterhead@onelist.com
                >Date: 11 Jul 1999 14:05:42 -0000
                >
                >Hello,
                >
                >Welcome to the Peterhead Mailing list. Please take a moment to review this
                >message.
                >
                >To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
                >www.onelist.com, and select the User Center link from the menu bar
                >on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
                >between digest and normal mode.
                >
                >Please only talk about Peterhead information, records or ancestors from
                >Peterhead.
                >
                >As a start you could tell us all the people you are researching from
                >Peterhead.
                >
                >Thanks,
                >Wade Buchan

                Hello there,
                I am hoping to find out more about my husband's STEPHEN ancestors in
                Peterhead.
                His greatgrandfather was JAMES CORDINER STEPHEN b. Sept 1, 1856 in
                Peterhead. James parents were (According to his marriage record) ROBERT
                STEPHEN and ANN CORDINER. I am hoping to find out if this was the Robert
                Stephen and ANN cordiner who were married in Peterhead on NOv 22, 1855.

                Also , according to the International Genealogical Index JAMEs Stephen's
                siblings were:
                ROBERT STEPHEN b MAr 27, 1858
                WILLIAM SELLAR STEPHEN b. July 29, 1860
                ANN SELLAR STEPHEN b. July 13, 1862
                MATTHEW STEWART STEPHEN b. Jan 2, 1866 d, 1867
                DAVID CARDNO STEPHEN b. June 20, 1868
                MATTHEW NICOL STEPHEN b. Dec 10, 1870
                JOHN BROWN STEPHEN b. July 31, 1873

                All in Peterhead

                Does anyone out there recognize any of these names?
              • Shelley Steven
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 12, 1999
                  Hello Anna. My name is Shelley Stephen and I sure do recognize those names!
                  My husband's great great grandfather was James Stephen, born May 15, 1805
                  who married Anne Cordiner, born Nov 22,1806. Their children were: Robert,
                  born 1869, Alice born 1870, Susan Ann, born 1872, Henrietta born 1874, James
                  Garden born 1876, William born 1878, Agnes born 1880, Thomas Hutchison, Born
                  1881, George Craib born 1884, Elsie Gordon born 1887, Sarah Elizabeth born
                  1889, and John Clark (our grandpa) born 1893. Robert Stephen was my
                  husband's great-grandfather who emigrated to Maymont, Saskatchewan in the
                  early 1900's. He was the only one of twelve in the family to move to
                  Canada, there are relatives in South Africa and Australia as well. There's
                  likely a link between us!

                  p.s. Is the international genealogical index a website? If so, I'd really
                  appreciate the address.

                  thank you,

                  Shelley Stephen
                  (we're in Campbell River, British Columbia on Vancouver Island)

                  >>Welcome to the Peterhead Mailing list. Please take a moment to review this
                  >>message.
                  >>
                  >>To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
                  >>www.onelist.com, and select the User Center link from the menu bar
                  >>on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
                  >>between digest and normal mode.
                  >>
                  >>Please only talk about Peterhead information, records or ancestors from
                  >>Peterhead.
                  >>
                  >>As a start you could tell us all the people you are researching from
                  >>Peterhead.
                  >>
                  >>Thanks,
                  >>Wade Buchan
                  >
                  >Hello there,
                  >I am hoping to find out more about my husband's STEPHEN ancestors in
                  >Peterhead.
                  >His greatgrandfather was JAMES CORDINER STEPHEN b. Sept 1, 1856 in
                  >Peterhead. James parents were (According to his marriage record) ROBERT
                  >STEPHEN and ANN CORDINER. I am hoping to find out if this was the Robert
                  >Stephen and ANN cordiner who were married in Peterhead on NOv 22, 1855.
                  >
                  >Also , according to the International Genealogical Index JAMEs Stephen's
                  >siblings were:
                  >ROBERT STEPHEN b MAr 27, 1858
                  >WILLIAM SELLAR STEPHEN b. July 29, 1860
                  >ANN SELLAR STEPHEN b. July 13, 1862
                  >MATTHEW STEWART STEPHEN b. Jan 2, 1866 d, 1867
                  >DAVID CARDNO STEPHEN b. June 20, 1868
                  >MATTHEW NICOL STEPHEN b. Dec 10, 1870
                  >JOHN BROWN STEPHEN b. July 31, 1873
                  >
                  >All in Peterhead
                  >
                  >Does anyone out there recognize any of these names?

                  >Campaign 2000 is here!
                  >http://www.onelist.com
                  >Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist. See our homepage.

                • Jim Mann Taylor
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 13, 1999
                    >My husband's great great grandfather was James Stephen, born May 15, 1805
                    >who married Anne Cordiner, born Nov 22,1806. Their children were: Robert,
                    >born 1869, Alice born 1870, Susan Ann, born 1872, Henrietta born 1874, James
                    >Garden born 1876, William born 1878, Agnes born 1880, Thomas Hutchison, Born
                    >1881, George Craib born 1884, Elsie Gordon born 1887, Sarah Elizabeth born
                    >1889, and John Clark (our grandpa) born 1893. Robert Stephen was my
                    >husband's great-grandfather who emigrated to Maymont, Saskatchewan in the
                    >early 1900's.

                    Shelley,

                    I think you have made a mistake. There is no way that your Anne born in
                    1806 could have given birth to that family ending with your relative born
                    in 1893. That would have made Anne about 86 when she gave birth to John
                    Clark. Even the first child in 1969 when Anne was 62ish is probably
                    impossible. I think you have probably jumped two generations.

                    Jim Mann Taylor
                    Gloucestershire, England
                    Aberdeenshire Families
                    Main surnames include Taylor, Ingram, Garden, Cordiner, Stephen, Bradford,
                    Birnie, Brodie, Ferguson, Mitchell, Chalmers, Allardyce.
                    Plus Mann of Norfolk and Ralph of Nairn.
                    <http://www.j.mann.taylor.clara.co.uk/family.htm>
                  • Alison Anderson
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 1, 1999
                      Hi everyone,

                      I'm looking for information on William Finnie (born c1766, no info on
                      parents, death date unknown, but buried Peterhead), his wife Catherine Greig
                      (born c1766, died 1858, and buried Peterhead), marriage date/place unknown.
                      Catherine was the daughter of James Greig and Ann Alexander (no details
                      known). I know William & Catherine had at least two sons - James (born
                      c1811, married Mary Fraser - 30 December, 1837, Aberdeen, and died 28 July,
                      1890), and Robert (born ?, married Mary Smith 23 September, 1837, Peterhead,
                      died ?). Details of any other children to William & Catherine or any other
                      Finnie's from Peterhead would be very welcome. I have a note of some of the
                      children for James & Robert, but do not know all their wives or children.

                      A. Anderson