8 Marriage certificates

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 5:03 AM
      Hi group, how are you all.
      I have 8 marriage certificates to share.
      Only 1 certificate is related to me and that's only through marriage.
      I'm getting desparate for something to research.
      A couple of them are badly faded, so there will be some ?????
      Good luck,
      Catherine

      1860 Peterhead
      No 37
      On the Twentysecond of August 1860 at North Street Peterhead
      Marriage after Banns was solomised between us, according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
      James Falconer (signed)
      ?8, Seaman, Batchelor
      father; Andrew Falconer, Seaman
      mother; Mary Falconer, maiden name ???ley
      Jane Craig (signed)
      ?7 Spinster
      father; William Craig, Labourer
      mother; Ann Craig, maiden name Davidson
      James Mitchell, Minister of Peterhead (signed)
      John Craig witness, William Morrison witness
      **************************************
      No 38
      On the Twentyninth day of August 1860 at Queen Street Peterhead
      Marriage after Banns was solomised between us according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
      Alexander Philip (signed)
      age 28, Cartwright, Batchelor
      father; Alexander Philip, Seaman (dead)
      mother; Mary Philip, maiden name Bruce
      Elizabeth Jaffray (signed)
      age 26, Slains Castle Cruden, Spinster
      father; Andrew Jaffray, Farmer (dead)
      mother; Margaret Jaffray, maiden name Reid
      James Mitchell, Minister of Peterhead (signed)
      Thomas Jaffray witness, A. McDonald witness
      1867
      No 39
      August 15th 1867 Errol Street Peterhead
      After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
      George Falconer, Seaman, Batchelor (signed)
      age 21, Seagate Peterhead
      father; Andrew Falconer, Seaman (dead)
      mother;Mary Falconer, MS ????ly
      Janet Bruce, Spinster (signed)
      age 21 ???????? Peterhead
      father; Alexander Bruce, Blacksmith
      mother; Isabella Bruce MS Donald
      James Stewart Minister of Peterhead (signed)
      Robert Sangster witness, Alexander Samuel witness
      No 40
      September 26th 1867 West ???????? Peterhead
      After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
      Peter? Baird, Batchelor (signed)
      age 24
      father; William Baird, Labourer
      mother; Jane Baird MS Buchan?
      Margaret Wood (signed)
      age 24
      father; Alexander Wood, Fisherman
      mother; Barbara Wood MS Wood
      James Stewart Minister of Peterhead (signed)
      Andrew Buchan witness, David? Watson witness
      1869
      No 39
      October ?? 1869 Fish Lane, Peterhead
      After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
      ????? Will, widower of Margaret Cowie (signed)
      age 50, Fish Lane Peterhead
      father; John Will, Labourer (dead0
      mother; Christian Will MS Davidson (dead)
      Isabella Forsyth, her X mark widow of James ????????????
      age 34, Fish Lane Peterhead
      father; Alexander Forsyth, Mason (dead)
      mother; Isabella Forsyth MS Milne (dead)
      James Stewart, Minister of Peterhead (signed)
      Andrew Smith witness, Thomas M??????? witness
      No 40
      October 10th 1869 Marischall Street Peterhead
      After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
      John Crowther, Seaman, Batchelor (signed)
      age 24, Love Lane Peterhead
      father; John Crowther, Seaman (dead)
      mother; Margaret Crowther MS Simpson
      Margaret Bruce, Spinster (signed)
      age 23, Marishcall Street Peterhead
      father; Alexander Bruce, Blacksmith
      mother; Ann Bruce MS Chalmers
      James Stewart, Minister of Peterhead (signed)
      John Sangster witness, James Stevenson witness
      1874
      No 25
      4th June 1874 at Backgate Peterhead
      After Banns according to the Forms of the Free Church of Scotland
      Peter Falconer, Cartwright, Batchelor (signed)
      age 21, Marishcall Street Peterhead
      father; Peter Falconer, Seaman (dead)
      mother; Isabella Falconer MS ?????
      Jane Paton, Spinster (signed)
      age 21, Backgate Peterhead
      father; William Paton, Cooper
      mother; Ann Paton MS ?????????
      James Tuill?, Minister Free Church Congregation Peterhead (signed)
      James ??? witness, ??? Paton witness
      No 26
      6th June 1874 at Free Church Manse Peterhead
      After Banns according to the Forms of the Free Church
      William Massie, Farm servant, Batchelor (signed)
      age 19?, Coldwells, Ellon
      father; John Massie, Farm servant (dead)
      mother; Mary F???es (dead)
      Margaret Slessor, Spinster (signed)
      age 21, Buckie Farm, Peterhead
      father; Alexander Slessor, farm servant
      mother; Jessie Slessor MS Milne
      James Tuill?, Minister Free Church Congregation Peterhead (signed)
      Peter Slessor witness, David Murray witness