Re: [Peterhead] 1914 Buchan Observer list of names

  • Ray Hennessy
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
      Hi Carolyn

      Please could I have a copy. We know of five people from NE Aberdeenshire who joined the Gordons in 1914. Two of them didn't survive but the other three did. We have some details of them and, if they are on your list, we'll send a few details

      Best wishes

      Ray Hennessy
      www.whatsinaname.net

      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
        Hello Carolyn,

        I would love to see the list as I have relatives living in Peterhead at this
        time.

        Thanks

        Marjorie

        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
          I think it would probably be too late in years for any of my family but I
          would like to have access to the list as it may turn something up. Would it
          be a possibility to get it onto the website rather than emailing it
          multitudinous times to everybody. just a thought. Many thanks

          Noelene Gratton

          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
            Dear Ray,

            I hope this attachment comes through okay. If you are interested in
            the military side of things and would like more information on the
            early days of the Battalion, please let me know. Also if you want any
            of the additional information, again let me know.

            I would be very interested in hearing from you if you can add any
            details.

            Kindst regards,

          • Carolyn Morrisey
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
              Sorry Ray,
              That was a mistake. I hit "reply". The attachment has now gone to
              your email address.

              Carolyn

              > I hope this attachment comes through okay. If you are interested
              > in
              > the military side of things and would like more information on the
              > early days of the Battalion, please let me know. Also if you want
              > any
              > of the additional information, again let me know.
              >
              > I would be very interested in hearing from you if you can add any
              > details.
              >
              > Kindst regards,
              > Carolyn

            • Betty Holmes

                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                  Hi Carolyn

                  Could I please have a copy of the list.

                  Thank you very much.

                  Kind regards

                  Sue Suttle
                • ALLAN HARROP
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                    Hi Carolyn,
                    I would like a copy of the list as I am particularly interested in
                    volunteers from Strichen and Ellon.
                    Regards, Eileen

                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                      Hi Carolyn

                      I would love a copy of the list too please. It may help fill in some gaps.

                      Thanks
                      Stewart
                    • Lindsay Cruickshank
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                        I would be interested in a copy.
                        Thank you.
                        Lindsay Cruickshank

                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                          Hi Carolyn,
                          I would love to have a copy please. My e-mail address is
                          hm.holt@...

                          Hazel
                        • Bainz
                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                            Hi, Carolyn

                            "
                            I have a list names that may be of interest to some people. The
                            entire list is too long to reproduce here. I have given a few
                            examples below, but will happily email the spreadsheet containing the
                            full list to anyone who would like it.
                            "

                            Yes, please: add me to the list of mail-outs.
                            Many thanks -

                            Alistair

                            aldenbain@...
                          • james paterson
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 27, 2005
                              Hi Carolyn,

                              Would much appreciate a copy.
                              Its without doubt fantastic the assistance people offer to fellow searchers.

                              Regards,

                              James H.Paterson.

                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 28, 2005
                                Hi Carolyn

                                I am just back from a few days break and would also love a copy of your list

                                Thanks a lot - my e-mail address is geddes_anne@...

                                Cheers

                                Anne Geddes

                              • Kevin Slessor

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 28, 2005
                                    Hi Carolyn,
                                    I would like a copy of the list of names as well.
                                    wendywitchell2000@...

                                    Cheers,
                                    Wendy Duckett

                                  • John S. Stuart
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 3, 2005
                                      Wanted: A copy of the 1998 biography - "Auld Bill's Granddaughter" by Chrissie Gibson, known as the Story-Teller of Finzean - Not quite Peterhead (but still definitely North East Scotland)

                                      How much should one cost me?

                                    • Gweneth Myers
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 14, 2005
                                        G'day Carolyn
                                        I am researching McKenzie & Campbell from this area. Could you please email me your list. My email is gwenethmyers@...
                                        Thank you for your kind offer, and I can see you have had a great response for the list of names.
                                        Regards,
                                        Gweneth Myers
                                        Melb. Australia

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 14, 2005