Re: [Peterhead] 1914 Buchan Observer list of names

  • William Leslie
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
      Hello All;
      I don't see him listed here, but my uncle Peter (Pat) Bruce from Peterhead
      was with the Gordon Highlanders, was injure in France, sent back after
      recuperation, wounded, sent back again, then captured in 1918, He wrote his
      story for the Fraserburgh newspaper and it is extremely interesting. At one
      point he mentioned standing with a group of mates from Peterhead when a
      shell landed near and they were all killed except him. He was captured with
      a Lt. Kerr of the Gordon Highlanders who received the Victoria Cross.
      Regards
      William Leslie
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
        I too would appreciate access. (no doubt you're flooded with requests).
        There are at least four names you've mentioned here which may tie in.
        Anne Parkes
        Canada

        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
          Hello Carolyn,
          please could I have a copy.Many thanks.
          Regards,
          Shona

          Carolyn Morrisey <carolyn.morrisey@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Ray Hennessy
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
            Hi Carolyn

            Please could I have a copy. We know of five people from NE Aberdeenshire who joined the Gordons in 1914. Two of them didn't survive but the other three did. We have some details of them and, if they are on your list, we'll send a few details

            Best wishes

            Ray Hennessy
            www.whatsinaname.net

            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
              Hello Carolyn,

              I would love to see the list as I have relatives living in Peterhead at this
              time.

              Thanks

              Marjorie

              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                I think it would probably be too late in years for any of my family but I
                would like to have access to the list as it may turn something up. Would it
                be a possibility to get it onto the website rather than emailing it
                multitudinous times to everybody. just a thought. Many thanks

                Noelene Gratton

                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                  Dear Ray,

                  I hope this attachment comes through okay. If you are interested in
                  the military side of things and would like more information on the
                  early days of the Battalion, please let me know. Also if you want any
                  of the additional information, again let me know.

                  I would be very interested in hearing from you if you can add any
                  details.

                  Kindst regards,

                • Carolyn Morrisey
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                    Sorry Ray,
                    That was a mistake. I hit "reply". The attachment has now gone to
                    your email address.

                    Carolyn

                    > I hope this attachment comes through okay. If you are interested
                    > in
                    > the military side of things and would like more information on the
                    > early days of the Battalion, please let me know. Also if you want
                    > any
                    > of the additional information, again let me know.
                    >
                    > I would be very interested in hearing from you if you can add any
                    > details.
                    >
                    > Kindst regards,
                    > Carolyn

                  • Betty Holmes
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                      Hi Carolyn, I would be very interested to receive a copy of your 1914 Buchan
                      Observer list of names. Betty.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                        Hi Carolyn

                        Could I please have a copy of the list.

                        Thank you very much.

                        Kind regards

                        Sue Suttle
                      • ALLAN HARROP
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                          Hi Carolyn,
                          I would like a copy of the list as I am particularly interested in
                          volunteers from Strichen and Ellon.
                          Regards, Eileen

                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                            Hi Carolyn

                            I would love a copy of the list too please. It may help fill in some gaps.

                            Thanks
                            Stewart
                          • Lindsay Cruickshank
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                              I would be interested in a copy.
                              Thank you.
                              Lindsay Cruickshank

                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                                Hi Carolyn,
                                I would love to have a copy please. My e-mail address is
                                hm.holt@...

                                Hazel
                              • Bainz
                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                                  Hi, Carolyn

                                  "
                                  I have a list names that may be of interest to some people. The
                                  entire list is too long to reproduce here. I have given a few
                                  examples below, but will happily email the spreadsheet containing the
                                  full list to anyone who would like it.
                                  "

                                  Yes, please: add me to the list of mail-outs.
                                  Many thanks -

                                  Alistair

                                  aldenbain@...
                                • james paterson
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 27, 2005
                                    Hi Carolyn,

                                    Would much appreciate a copy.
                                    Its without doubt fantastic the assistance people offer to fellow searchers.

                                    Regards,

                                    James H.Paterson.

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Feb 28, 2005
                                      Hi Carolyn

                                      I am just back from a few days break and would also love a copy of your list

                                      Thanks a lot - my e-mail address is geddes_anne@...

                                      Cheers

                                      Anne Geddes

                                    • Kevin Slessor

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Feb 28, 2005
                                          Hi Carolyn,
                                          I would like a copy of the list of names as well.
                                          wendywitchell2000@...

                                          Cheers,
                                          Wendy Duckett

                                        • John S. Stuart
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 3, 2005
                                            Wanted: A copy of the 1998 biography - "Auld Bill's Granddaughter" by Chrissie Gibson, known as the Story-Teller of Finzean - Not quite Peterhead (but still definitely North East Scotland)

                                            How much should one cost me?

                                          • Gweneth Myers
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 14, 2005
                                              G'day Carolyn
                                              I am researching McKenzie & Campbell from this area. Could you please email me your list. My email is gwenethmyers@...
                                              Thank you for your kind offer, and I can see you have had a great response for the list of names.
                                              Regards,
                                              Gweneth Myers
                                              Melb. Australia

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 14, 2005