Re: [Peterhead] 1914 Buchan Observer list of names

  • David Massie
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
      Hi Carolyn

      > I have a list names that may be of interest to some people. The
      > entire list is too long to reproduce here. I have given a few
      > examples below, but will happily email the spreadsheet containing the
      > full list to anyone who would like it.

      Yes please!

      Dave
    • Ed Campbell
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
        Hello David:

        I would appreciate receiving access to the list.

        Thankyou
        Ed. Campbell

        > I have a list names that may be of interest to some people. The
        > entire list is too long to reproduce here. I have given a few
        > examples below, but will happily email the spreadsheet containing the
        > full list to anyone who would like it.

        Yes please!

        Dave

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • William Leslie
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
          Hello All;
          I don't see him listed here, but my uncle Peter (Pat) Bruce from Peterhead
          was with the Gordon Highlanders, was injure in France, sent back after
          recuperation, wounded, sent back again, then captured in 1918, He wrote his
          story for the Fraserburgh newspaper and it is extremely interesting. At one
          point he mentioned standing with a group of mates from Peterhead when a
          shell landed near and they were all killed except him. He was captured with
          a Lt. Kerr of the Gordon Highlanders who received the Victoria Cross.
          Regards
          William Leslie
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
            I too would appreciate access. (no doubt you're flooded with requests).
            There are at least four names you've mentioned here which may tie in.
            Anne Parkes
            Canada

            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
              Hello Carolyn,
              please could I have a copy.Many thanks.
              Regards,
              Shona

              Carolyn Morrisey <carolyn.morrisey@...> wrote:

              Hello to everyone,

[...]

            • Ray Hennessy
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                Hi Carolyn

                Please could I have a copy. We know of five people from NE Aberdeenshire who joined the Gordons in 1914. Two of them didn't survive but the other three did. We have some details of them and, if they are on your list, we'll send a few details

                Best wishes

                Ray Hennessy
                www.whatsinaname.net

                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                  Hello Carolyn,

                  I would love to see the list as I have relatives living in Peterhead at this
                  time.

                  Thanks

                  Marjorie

                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                    I think it would probably be too late in years for any of my family but I
                    would like to have access to the list as it may turn something up. Would it
                    be a possibility to get it onto the website rather than emailing it
                    multitudinous times to everybody. just a thought. Many thanks

                    Noelene Gratton

                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                      Dear Ray,

                      I hope this attachment comes through okay. If you are interested in
                      the military side of things and would like more information on the
                      early days of the Battalion, please let me know. Also if you want any
                      of the additional information, again let me know.

                      I would be very interested in hearing from you if you can add any
                      details.

                      Kindst regards,

                    • Carolyn Morrisey
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                        Sorry Ray,
                        That was a mistake. I hit "reply". The attachment has now gone to
                        your email address.

                        Carolyn

                        > I hope this attachment comes through okay. If you are interested
                        > in
                        > the military side of things and would like more information on the
                        > early days of the Battalion, please let me know. Also if you want
                        > any
                        > of the additional information, again let me know.
                        >
                        > I would be very interested in hearing from you if you can add any
                        > details.
                        >
                        > Kindst regards,
                        > Carolyn

                      • Betty Holmes
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 25, 2005
                          Hi Carolyn, I would be very interested to receive a copy of your 1914 Buchan
                          Observer list of names. Betty.

                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                            Hi Carolyn

                            Could I please have a copy of the list.

                            Thank you very much.

                            Kind regards

                            Sue Suttle
                          • ALLAN HARROP
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                              Hi Carolyn,
                              I would like a copy of the list as I am particularly interested in
                              volunteers from Strichen and Ellon.
                              Regards, Eileen

                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                                Hi Carolyn

                                I would love a copy of the list too please. It may help fill in some gaps.

                                Thanks
                                Stewart
                              • Lindsay Cruickshank
                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                                  I would be interested in a copy.
                                  Thank you.
                                  Lindsay Cruickshank

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                                    Hi Carolyn,
                                    I would love to have a copy please. My e-mail address is
                                    hm.holt@...

                                    Hazel
                                  • Bainz
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Feb 26, 2005
                                      Hi, Carolyn

                                      "
                                      I have a list names that may be of interest to some people. The
                                      entire list is too long to reproduce here. I have given a few
                                      examples below, but will happily email the spreadsheet containing the
                                      full list to anyone who would like it.
                                      "

                                      Yes, please: add me to the list of mail-outs.
                                      Many thanks -

                                      Alistair

                                      aldenbain@...
                                    • james paterson
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Feb 27, 2005
                                        Hi Carolyn,

                                        Would much appreciate a copy.
                                        Its without doubt fantastic the assistance people offer to fellow searchers.

                                        Regards,

                                        James H.Paterson.

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Feb 28, 2005
                                          Hi Carolyn

                                          I am just back from a few days break and would also love a copy of your list

                                          Thanks a lot - my e-mail address is geddes_anne@...

                                          Cheers

                                          Anne Geddes

                                        • Kevin Slessor

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Feb 28, 2005
                                              Hi Carolyn,
                                              I would like a copy of the list of names as well.
                                              wendywitchell2000@...

                                              Cheers,
                                              Wendy Duckett

                                            • John S. Stuart
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 3, 2005
                                                Wanted: A copy of the 1998 biography - "Auld Bill's Granddaughter" by Chrissie Gibson, known as the Story-Teller of Finzean - Not quite Peterhead (but still definitely North East Scotland)

                                                How much should one cost me?

                                              • Gweneth Myers
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 14, 2005
                                                  G'day Carolyn
                                                  I am researching McKenzie & Campbell from this area. Could you please email me your list. My email is gwenethmyers@...
                                                  Thank you for your kind offer, and I can see you have had a great response for the list of names.
                                                  Regards,
                                                  Gweneth Myers
                                                  Melb. Australia

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 14, 2005