Photos

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22 9:58 PM
      Hi Betty,

      Thank you very much for the photos of Peterhead you sent me. I will put
      them up on the web page soon. How did you manage to take a photo of the
      Old Townhouse with no cars parked in front, especially if the clock is
      correct 2:10 pm?

      Dave Wallace has just sent me an old school photo, so will include this
      at the same time.

      Researching ancestors from Peterhead, Aberdeenshire?
      Visit Peterhead Genealogy http://axs.com.au/~wsb
    • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 1999
        Wade Buchan wrote:

        > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
        >
        > Hi Betty,
        >
        > Thank you very much for the photos of Peterhead you sent me. I will put
        > them up on the web page soon. How did you manage to take a photo of the
        > Old Townhouse with no cars parked in front, especially if the clock is
        > correct 2:10 pm?
        >
        > Dave Wallace has just sent me an old school photo, so will include this
        > at the same time.
        >
        > Regards, Wade.

        Wade, Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been out of town for 2
        weeks, and just got back today. I can't remember which day it was , but
        it was either Jan 1 or 2 1999. The town was absolutely empty! that's New
        Year in Scotland!--recovering from the night before,and getting ready
        for the next night. We JUST managed to survive 3 nights of parties!!
        Betty
      • fisherquine
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2002
          Have posted photos which may be on interest. The old Birnie Bridge -
          someone was asking about it. You had to pay a half penny to get
          across. On a fine summer's day we used to swim! Picnics "o'er the
          watter" in the late 40's early 50's consisted of kippers and tatties
          done on a paraffin stove and an ashet of cold rice with raisins
          cooked in the oven the night before. We used to spend all day there
          from 9am to 9pm. The summers were warmer then!

          The Guiding Light went to Yarmouth for the Autumn season. My father
          was about 16 at this time- his young brother is beside him. His
          sister is one of the gutting lassies. She started gutting when she
          was 14. She has deep gougesto this day on her wrists where the rough
          salt burned into her skin. She was 90 years old in January.

          Margie
        • fisherquine
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2002
            Wade,

            I have uploaded a couple of photos on to the site. I used my album so
            that others could see them. Is this what you wanted me to do?
            If not let me know and I will upload again,

            Margie
            Message 5 of 8 , May 12, 2002
              Hi All,

              You need to log into the Yahoo Groups Web Page.

              and then go to the photos section.

              Regards, Wade.

              Linda Adam wrote:

              > Can you please tell me the URL to view the photos. I couldn't find
              > them
              > Linda

            • David Wallace
              Message 6 of 8 , May 13, 2002
                -----
                Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Photos

                > Hi All,
                >
                > You need to log into the Yahoo Groups Web Page.

                > and then go to the photos section.
                >
                > Regards, Wade.

                Hi Wade:

                I have corresponded with you extensively several years ago in connection
                with my ancestors, Sutherland and Robertson.
                Since the change to "yahoo" I have not posted to the list. I refuse to
                supply Yahoo with the personal information they require to obtain axcess. I
                have noted that the majority of spam received by me originates from a Yahoo
                address.

                Regards

                Dave Wallace
              • fisherquine
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 9, 2002
                  Hi,

                  Needed photos of the bay as it is today for another project I am
                  involved in - thought I would share some of them with you.

                  Should any of you wish to see any other place as it is now - let me
                  know- could maybe even find a washhouse for Alex!

                  Margie
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 25, 2003
                    Hi All,

                    You can't send attachments through the groups messages, but you can add photos by logging into the Yahoo groups page and going to the Photo section. It saves having to send out to everyone.

                    If anyone has problems, you can send me the photo and I will add it to the group album.