1851 census lookup?

  • Lesley Bousbaine
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2005
      Hi,

      Could anyone out there have a look in the 1851 census for the
      following family?

      Katherine Yule & William Johnston
      m. 9 Jun 1842 Peterhead

      JANE LAMB JOHNSTON b. 14 SEP 1845 c. 05 OCT 1845 Peterhead
      MARY SHIVES JOHNSTON b. 21 JUN 1851 c. 28 AUG 1851 Peterhead
      MARGARET YULE JOHNSTON b. 18 MAY 1855 Peterhead
      THOMAS WALKER JOHNSTON b. 05 SEP 1858 Peterhead
      ROBERTSON JOHNSTON b. 04 JUN 1862 Peterhead

      Any help would be much appreciated!

      Lesley
    • Cci
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2005
        Hi Lesley,
        On Ancestry, there are some entries for your family. You might already have them.

        William Johnston, Gardener at Blackhill and Catherine Yule his wife a dau Mary Shives born 21 June 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851 before Seton Henderson and William Brook.

        William Johnston, Gardener, Meethill and Catherine Yule, a dau Jane Lamb born 14 Sept 1845 bap 5 Oct 1845 before the Free Kirk Congregation.

        William Johnston, Gardener at Blackhill and his wife (name not recorded) a son Adam Henderson born 22 June 1853 bap 17 Aug 1853 before Adam Henderson and George Sangster.

        There were also entries for another William Johnston but earlier in dates, also and gardener and also at Meethill;
        18 Dec 1825 William Johnston, Gadrener at Meethill a son James, witnesses Alexander Brands and James Jaffrey.

        Best wishes,
        Catherine

        Could anyone out there have a look in the 1851 census for the
        following family?

        Katherine Yule & William Johnston
        m. 9 Jun 1842 Peterhead

        JANE LAMB JOHNSTON b. 14 SEP 1845 c. 05 OCT 1845 Peterhead
        MARY SHIVES JOHNSTON b. 21 JUN 1851 c. 28 AUG 1851 Peterhead
        MARGARET YULE JOHNSTON b. 18 MAY 1855 Peterhead
        THOMAS WALKER JOHNSTON b. 05 SEP 1858 Peterhead
        ROBERTSON JOHNSTON b. 04 JUN 1862 Peterhead

        Any help would be much appreciated!

        Lesley

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada

      • traceclip
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2006
          Hello Lesley,

          Thanks to yourself and Melissa I can now add some more names to the
          children of Catherine Yule and William Johnstone in my tree.

          Catherine Yule's brother, Thomas, is my 2G Grandfather. I believe
          that she was born on 23rd June 1819 but have been unable to find out
          any more about her - unless someone out there knows differently! :-)

          Helen

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Lesley Bousbaine" <wayland@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Could anyone out there have a look in the 1851 census for the
          > following family?
          >
          > Katherine Yule & William Johnston
          > m. 9 Jun 1842 Peterhead
          >
          > JANE LAMB JOHNSTON b. 14 SEP 1845 c. 05 OCT 1845 Peterhead
          > MARY SHIVES JOHNSTON b. 21 JUN 1851 c. 28 AUG 1851 Peterhead
          > MARGARET YULE JOHNSTON b. 18 MAY 1855 Peterhead
          > THOMAS WALKER JOHNSTON b. 05 SEP 1858 Peterhead
          > ROBERTSON JOHNSTON b. 04 JUN 1862 Peterhead
          >
          > Any help would be much appreciated!
          >
          > Lesley

        • Cci
          Message 4 of 4 , May 25, 2006
            Hi,
            This might be of help to you.

            23rd June 1819, William Yule, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Catherine
            witnesses, Andrew Yule and Francis Buchan

            William Johnston, Gardener in Blackhill and Catherine Yule his wife
            a dau Mary Shivas born 21st June 1851 bap 28th Aug 1851
            before Seton Henderson and William Brook

            William Johnston, Gardener in Blackhill and Catherine Yule his wife
            a son Adam Henderson born 22nd June 1853 bap 17th Aug 1853
            before Adam Henderson and George Sangster

            William Johnston, Gardener in Meethill and Catherine Yule his wife
            a dau Jane Lamb born 14th Sept 1845 bap 8th Oct 1845
            before Free Kirk Congregation

            There are also records for another William Johnston, a Gardener in Meethill in the mid 1820's, seeing as the last entry was in Meethill, this could be related to Catherine Yule's husband William Johnston.

            Another record for the Blackhill area is;

            James Johnston, Labourer in Blackhill and Christina Robertson his wife
            a dau Catherine born 27th April 1845 bap 9th May 1845
            before Christopher Robertson and Seton Henderson

            If you would like these records, please just ask.
            Best wishes,
            Catherine