Re: John Leslie

  • William Leslie
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18 7:17 PM
      Hello Wade;
      Thanks for your quick response. I have certificates for James Leslie from the GRO for marriage in 1850 to Elizabeth Simpson, and his death record in 1857. I also have the death certificate for my ggg grandmother Elizabeth Simpson, nee Bowman, and it shows her father as Robert Bowman, Crofter, and mother as Janet Bowman nee Smith. My gg grandmother Elizabeth Simpson, wife of James Leslie, was
      the daughter of the above William and Elizabeth Simpson.
      I don't want to go off on the trail of the Simpsons or Bowmans as yet, I really would like to find John Leslie.
      Regards
      William Leslie

      Wade Buchan wrote:

      > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
      >
      > Hi William,
      >
      > Welcome to the newsgroup.
      >
      > leslie@... wrote:
      >
      > > In your Death Index, Reference Number 23.2, you show data on my great great grandfather James Leslie, his first son, James Ref No. 64, his second son was my great grandfather William Leslie, and his daughter Elizabeth Ann, is Ref No.8. I have documentation from the GRO for James and William, but I can find nothing for my ggg grandfather, James' father. Do you have any idea where to look?
      >
      > Peterhead Deaths:
      > No.23 part 2, James Leslie labourer (married), 21/12/1857 4h 30m pm
      > Blackhill, male 30 years, parents: John Leslie labourer, mother not
      > given, cause: unknown no medical attendant, buried Longside, Alexander
      > Fraser undertaker, informant: Elizabeth Simpson, her X mark,
      > mother-in-law (present).
      >
      > No.64, James Leslie, single, 18/4/1863 5h 40m pm, Blackhills, male, 4
      > years, parents: James Leslie, labourer (dead) and Elizabeth Leslie ms
      > Simpson, cause: croup no medical attendant, informant: Elizabeth Leslie
      > her x mark mother (present).
      >
      > No.8, Elizabeth Ann Leslie (single), 8/1/1881 between 11h & 6h am at 31a
      > Backgate, female, 3 months, parents: William Leslie, cooper (journeyman)
      > and Ann Leslie ms Fowlie, cause: sudden death child was found dead in
      > bed, informant: William Leslie, father.
      >
      > It would seem that James Leslie might be from Longside, possibly buried
      > in a family plot. I didn't find him in Peterhead 1851 census with wife
      > Elizabeth.
      >
      > Young James Leslie is interesting, I would assume his age is closer to 5
      > years old.
      >
      > You have Elizabeth Simpson's parents as William Simpson and Elizabeth
      > Bowman, had did you obtain this information? I have both William's and
      > Elizabeth Bowman's death certificates and have them in the 1851 census.
      >
      > Regards, Wade.

      > New hobbies? New interests? Sign up for a new ONElist community.
      > http://www.onelist.com
    • William Leslie
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6 6:58 AM
        Hello;
        Wade, I am still hoping to get some more information on my
        ggg grandfather, John Leslie from Longside. The only
        information I have is from certificates of my gg grandfather
        James Leslie of Longside/Peterhead. John Leslie was a
        Crofter whose son James was born in Longside, married (1857)
        and buried (1857) in Peterhead.
        Could you please add my name as a Researcher to your
        Peterhead Genealogy sheet, as searching for John Leslie,
        Born ca 1800, Longside, Father unknown, Mother unknown,
        Crofter Longside, probably buried in Peterhead. William
        Leslie, Orillia, Ontario, Canada, gripfast@....
        Regards
        William Leslie
      • Ian and Lyn Tilbury
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7 12:34 AM
          FOR WILLIAM LESLIE
          James that was born in Longside married who?
          I have a Ann Leslie that married Joseph Kean a seamen
          they lived up to 1931 at 348 Holburn street Aberdeen and died on 20/4/1931
          Lynley Tilbury