Re: Alexander Fraser

  • KBMB
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
      Hi Everyone

      I wonder if SKS could help me with my queries?

      I've received information back on my husband's GGrandfather Alexander FRASER
      as follows:-
      In an action relating to the parentity of "Alexander Fraser ROBERTSON", it
      makes the comment " against Alex. FRASER, tailor, Reunies Wynd, Aberdeen,
      the Sherriff Court of Aberdeen & Kincardine on 28th Sept 1876, found that
      the said child was the illegitimate child of the said Barbara ROBERTSON and
      Alexander FRASER, at Peterhead 29th September 1876,"

      Queries - Is there some where I can apply to to get a copy of the court
      records?

      Also where is Reunies Wynd? I've been unable to find it.

      Many thanks
      Sue
      Western Australia
    • Heather
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2014
        My father was born in Peterhead in 1910, Alexander George Jack Fraser, I have a picture of him as a baby with his mother standing in front of a store in Peterhead.
        I am looking for information on his father, my grandfather. He was also Alexander Fraser I think his middle names were Bruce Mason or Mason Bruce. He married Jane Jack and her sister Mary married James Hepburn.
        I believe my grandfather was in the navy but I don't know when. He came to Canada in the early 1920s. I'm not sure when he was born. Any information on any of these family members would be appreciated.

        Sent from my iPhone
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2014

          Hi Heather,

          Peterhead 1909 Marriage:

          No.59, 1909 on the Twenty ninth day of September at 8 James Street Peterhead, After banns according to the forms of the United Free Church of Scotland, Alexander Taylor M. Fraser (signed) Shi p Rigger (Jour.)(Bachelor), age 25, Abode: 6 Tanfield Place, Peterhead, parents: Richard Calder Fraser, Barman (deceased) and Jessie Bruce Domestic Servant, married to Jane Jack (signed) (Spinster), age 27, Abode: 8 James Street, Peterhead, parents: Fraser Jack, Cooper and Jane Jack ms Gordon.  Witnesses: Geo. Jack and Maggie Ann Fraser.

          Regards,

          Wade.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 21, 2014
            Thanks Wade very much!