Re: [Peterhead] Remembrance Day 2004.

  • Alistair and Denise
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2004
      Hello a-huile-duine -

      Snaps to the Kindergartners.
      This year I was especially conscious of how little the rest of the world
      seemed to care: at 11 o'clock, people went about their business even though
      the radio was broadcasting the Remembrance Day Service from Canberra and
      first the Last Post, then silence, then Reveille were all very obvious. And
      these were NOT our much-maligned youth ...

      Alistair
      whose granduncle was killed in France, 1916 ...