Re: [Peterhead] Remembrance Day 2004.

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2004
      Hello Friends: Today is a bitter sweet day for me as well. My grandfather who was in WWII as a fighter pilot died on this day 15 years ago. Veterans day is always special in my heart and today I went to my daughters school and they had a celebration of the flag and the veterans. The kids invited vet's from our town and I was amazed at all of the veterans in my daughter gymnasium. I got choked up when a room full of Kindergartners to 3rd graders stood silent for 1 minute while we had a moment of silence. What a wonderful world we live in. Thank you to all of the Veterans out there!!!

      Jamie
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2004
        Hello a-huile-duine -

        Snaps to the Kindergartners.
        This year I was especially conscious of how little the rest of the world
        seemed to care: at 11 o'clock, people went about their business even though
        the radio was broadcasting the Remembrance Day Service from Canberra and
        first the Last Post, then silence, then Reveille were all very obvious. And
        these were NOT our much-maligned youth ...

        Alistair
        whose granduncle was killed in France, 1916 ...