Re: [Peterhead] Robertson

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
      Hi Ian,
      How are you.
      I kept your message and wondered how your search was going.
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
        Hi
        My gg mother was Jane Robertson 1849-1908. Her parents I believe
        were James Robertson, ships carpenter & Ann Smith, married Peterhead
        3 May 1840. Jane (Jeannie) married John Lawrence May (Jockey borra)
        1846-1923, in Inverallochy 1867. They had 14 children, my
        grandfather, John, was their 3rd son, born June 3rd 1882.d 1952, he
        married Jane Ritchie (1885-1971) of Rosehearty. If these names sound
        familiar to anyone, would love to hear from you. Regards Maureen
        from New Zealand.

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "iandrobertson" <idr@r...> wrote:
        > I continue to look - without success - for links to Robertson in
        > Peterhead. I have a John Robertson, born Peterhead 20 Sep 1794,
        > married Helen Ross, and with sons James b. May 12, 1822, and Robert
        > b. circa 1823. I believe the lineage goes back to a John Robertson
        b.
        > Peterhead 1773, and then to John Robertson b. 1740 Peterhead.
        > Any suggestions??
      • s.inkster
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
          Hi,
          I also have Robertson's.
          William Robertson married July 1, 1798 in Grange, to Margaret McHatty
          (Machattie)
          Their children: Margaret 1799, Jean 1801(m: June22,1826- James Mitchell),
          Janet 1803 (m:Feb.13,1836- Thomas Mitchell),James 1806 and William 1812
          I seem to have come to a dead end on this family.
          Sharon
        • moresmall
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 16, 2004
            Hi all
            Just a little more information on my "Robertson"

            Children of James Robertson & Anne Smith:

            James Robertson b 1837 m Agnes Clark 1841-1911 (10 children
            Margaret Robertson b 1845
            Ann Robertson b 1847 m William Bruce (4 children)
            Jane(Jeannie) Robertson b 1849 m John May
            Mary Robertson b December 1850
            John Robertson b 1853 m Barbara Thain.

            Jeannies address on her marriage registration (1867) is given as Kirk
            Street, Peterhead. She was known as a very beautiful woman, her
            husband John May, named the drifter "Star of Buckie" after her.

            Hope this helps.

            Regards Maureen.
          • Ian Robertson
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 23, 2006
              I have tried to collate the Robertson references posted recently (1383,
              1384, 1388) and also compare to those posted October 2004 (1181,1176,
              1178, 1179):
              Branch #1 (Campbell): William Robertson & Elspet Lillie m 1847, daughter
              Elizabeth b 1858
              Branch #2 (Sharon): William Robertson & Margaret McHatty m 1798,
              offspring Margaret 1799, Jean 1801, Janet 1803, James 1806, William 1812
              Branch #3 (Maureen): James Robertson & Anne Smith m 1840, offspring
              Jane Robertson b 1849, d 1908 & married John Lawrence
              Branch #4 (Ian Robertson): John Robertson b 1740, Peterhead, John
              Robertson b 1773, Peterhead, James Robertson b 1794 Peterhead, James
              Robertson b 1822
              Branch #5 (Margaret) William Robertson & Isabella Greig, daughter
              Isabella Robertson b 1803, married Andrew Boyd 1830
              Branch #6 (Arthur) George Robertson, b 1850, d 1930
              Branch #7 (chickcorbybred) Robertson Matthew & Eliza Robertson m 1854

              Possible: William b 1812 (Br2), married Elspet 1847 (Br1)??
              Possible: Anne Smith (Br3) married in 1840 to either James Robertson
              b1806 (Br2), or James Robertson b 1822 (Br4)??

              Does anyone see other possibles??

              Sincerely,
              Ian D Robertson
              864 Pacific Dr