Helen Matthew

  • brochloon2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2004
      Hello, Group.

      I'm hoping to make contact with relatives of my grandmother, Helen
      Matthew (b. 12 May 1876 at Bodam, d. 23 Oct 1924 at Peterhead). She
      was the second wife of Frederick Mackie Taylor (m. 11 Sep 1908 at
      Peterhead).
      Helen was the only child that I have found of Gilbert Heron and Helen
      Matthew.
      Helen's mother and my g-grandmother, also Helen Matthew, was the
      fourth of 9 children (that I know of) of James Matthew and Isabella
      Young. James was a farm labourer and the family lived on various
      farms in Aberdeenshire. From the births of their children they lived
      at Tarves, Ellon, Logie Buchan and Longside.
      Helen's father and my g-grandfather, Gilbert Heron, was the oldest of
      7 children (that I know of) of Gilbert Heron and Ann Craighead. This
      Gilbert Heron was also a farm labourer although their children were
      all born in Logie Buchan.

      Regards
      Ian