Re: Burds in Peterhead

  • robert.stewart1@pop.net.ntl.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 1999
      Wade
      Could you please check 1841 census for all Troups in Peterhead. I am
      particularly interested in George Troup - Farmer & Mason who resided Howe of
      Boddam. I have checked before without success, but I may have missed him. He
      died aged 56 or 65 in 1850, so is not available on 1851 census? He married in
      1818 Peterhead Jane Sangster. I have no clue to where he was born or any
      broothers sisters etc. He has become a major stumbling block in my research.
      Do you have any information or does anyone know more about Troup House in
      Boddam? It appears on census returns - when was it built and who is it named
      after.
      There were no Troups in the 1801 census return in Peterhead although I can see
      the Sangsters.
      Robert Stewart
      PS I am also looking for a Peter Maitland in 1851 Peterhead - Have you come
      across him.