part of 17 Longate 1891

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
      Hi group, how are you all today.
      Part of 17 Longate.
      The Gray family are my relations.
      Caroline Gray, MS Wallace married Adam Gray in 1876.
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      Kenneth Sutherland, son, 9, scholar, Peterhead
      Jane do, dau, 6, scholar, Peterhead
      Flora do, dau, 3, Peterhead

      17 Longate
      Caroline Gray, wife, mar, 33, Seaman's wife, Peterhead
      Mary do, dau, 14, domestic servant, Peterhead
      Williamina do, dau, 10, scholar, Peterhead
      Adam Leigh do, son, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Caroline do, dau, 2, Peterhead
      William do, son, 10 months, Peterhead
      (later to have Maggie A. age 4 in 1901 born Peterhead and,
      Christian born 1901 in Glasgow, where Adam and Caroline Gray died 1911 and 1921 respectivley)

      17 Longate
      Daniel McGregh?, head, mar, 22, Hawker, Peterhead
      Hannah do, wife, mar, 20, Old Meldrum
      William do, son, 1, Peterhead
      Rose A. do, dau, 1 month, Peterhead

      17 Longate
      Margaret Barclay, widow, 60, Washer woman, Strichen

      17 Longate
      Ann Gamack, unmar, 68?, Washer woman, Fraserburgh

      17 Longate
      Janet Gamack, head, unmar, 69, Washer woman, Fraserburgh
      Elspet do, sister, unmar,52, Barmaid, Longside
      Margaret Wallace, servant, unmar, 16, General servant, Peterhead

      17 Longate
      John davidson, head, mar, 29, Labourer (unemployed), Peterhead
      Maggie do, wife, mar, 24, Peterhead

      17 Longate
      Elizabeth Sim, head, unmar, 38, Charwoman, Belhelvie
      Isabella Mathews, dau, 3, Cruden
      John Sim, son, 17 months, New ????

    • ngratton
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
        excuse me for being dum but I have alwayswonderes what the do is after some of the names

        could someone please enlighten me

        many thank
        noelene gratton
        New Zealand
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Linda Adam
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
          Hi Noelene & other list members,

          " do " is the abreviation for "ditto" which means that the word or phrase above is repeated or duplicated.

          In the message you responded to, "do" would be used for the surnames Sutherland, Gray & McGregh?:
          Example:
          Kenneth Sutherland
          Jane Sutherland
          Flora Sutherland

          Hope that helps.
          Linda Adam

[...]

          Select Your State:AlabamaAlaskaArkansasArizonaCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMissippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew MexicoNew JerseyNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOklahomaOhioOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWashington D.C.West VirginiaWisconsinWyoming

          PurchaseRefinance