Re: Burds in Peterhead

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12 6:53 AM
      Hi Nadine,

      Nadine Buckhahn wrote:

      > Looking for info on James and Mary (Wildgoose) Burd married in Peterhead
      > 29 Nov 1834. Parents of 4 children born between 1847 and1853 in same.

      Welcome to the list.

      1851 census: District 21, page 15, No.50, Meethill
      James Burd, head, 44, Longside
      Mary Wildgoose, wife, 41, St.Fergus
      William Burd, son, 13, Peterhead
      Isabella Burd, daughter, 10, Peterhead
      Helen Burd, daughter, 6, Peterhead
      James Burd, son, 4, Peterhead
      Jane Burd, daughter, 1, Peterhead

      Didn't record condition or occupation columns when I transcribed and
      indexed the census.

      Peterhead 1858 Deaths:
      No.73, James Bird (single), 12/6/1858 9h pm Mile-end, male, 11 years,
      parents: James Bird, labourer and Mary Bird ms Wildgoose, cause:
      spasmodic croup a few hours, informant: James Bird, father, present.

      (I have this in the index as Baird, so will fix it up).

      Regards, Wade.
    • robert.stewart1@pop.net.ntl.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14 5:15 AM
        Wade
        Could you please check 1841 census for all Troups in Peterhead. I am
        particularly interested in George Troup - Farmer & Mason who resided Howe of
        Boddam. I have checked before without success, but I may have missed him. He
        died aged 56 or 65 in 1850, so is not available on 1851 census? He married in
        1818 Peterhead Jane Sangster. I have no clue to where he was born or any
        broothers sisters etc. He has become a major stumbling block in my research.
        Do you have any information or does anyone know more about Troup House in
        Boddam? It appears on census returns - when was it built and who is it named
        after.
        There were no Troups in the 1801 census return in Peterhead although I can see
        the Sangsters.
        Robert Stewart
        PS I am also looking for a Peter Maitland in 1851 Peterhead - Have you come
        across him.