Keith Forbes MILNE b 1816 and Robert BROWN b 1778

  • tedthepom
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20 1:07 AM
      Keith Forbes MILNE
      He appears in the 1841 Census as living in Errol Street, Peterhead.
      He is shown as being married, 25 years ( born 1816?) and a merchant
      seaman. He married Christian Brown in Peterhead on 29 Dec 1835. He
      does not appear in either the 1851 or 1861 census but Christian is
      recorded as being a "seaman's wife" Christian's father was:

      Robert BROWN
      Born 1778 in Cameron,Fife and married Christian (Kristy)
      FAIRFUL on 7 Dec 1805 at Carnbee, Fife.

      Any information regarding either of these gentlemen, their birth,
      parents, and death details would be welcome.
    • Ian and Lyn Tilbury
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20 3:32 AM
        For ted
        This might help you and it might not
        Milne Keith [ Born Peterhead ] Seamen [ age 36 ] Ticket Number 110201 [ BT/:2680 ]
        Prevs Ship MAZINTHIEN of Peterhead
        Current Ship HAWKE of Peterhead [ Trade Home ]

        Date Joined 06 August 1851 Place Joined Peterhead
        Date Left 01 October 1851 Place left Peterhead [ Why Left Discharged ]

        Milne Keith [ Seamen ] age 37 [ Ticket Number 110201 ] BT 98/:2377 [ Born Peterhead]
        Prevs Ship MAZINTHAIN of Peterhead
        Current Ship Mary [ 45/1836] of Aberdeen [ Trade Home ]
        Date Joined 22 June 1851 ai Peterhead
        Date Left 17 July 1851 at Peterhead
        [ Discharged ]

        Milne Keith [ Fast Harpooner ] age 37 Born Peterhead ] Ticket Number 110201 BT 98/:2680

        Prevs Ship MAZINTHIEN of Peterhead [ Trade Whaling ]
        Current Ship MAZINTHIEN
        Date Joined 13 February 1851 Peterhead
        Left 14 MAY 1851 at Peterhead
        Discharged

        From Lyn Tilbury
        i.l.tilbury@...

        He appears in the 1841 Census as living in Errol Street, Peterhead.
        He is shown as being married, 25 years ( born 1816?) and a merchant
        seaman. He married Christian Brown in Peterhead on 29 Dec 1835. He
        does not appear in either the 1851 or 1861 census but Christian is
        recorded as being a "seaman's wife" Christian's father was:

        Robert BROWN
        Born 1778 in Cameron,Fife and married Christian (Kristy)
        FAIRFUL on 7 Dec 1805 at Carnbee, Fife.

        Any information regarding either of these gentlemen, their birth,
        parents, and death details would be welcome.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Elisabeth Wilson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20 3:40 PM
          Lyn,

          I'm interested in the mentions of the Mazinthein - my aunt was told in
          Scotland in 1975 that my great great grandfather William GORDON worked as a
          harpooner, later mate, on this ship, of which there is a drawing in the
          Arbuthnot Museum in Peterhead. Do you have any more information about its
          voyages, or where you got the data in your email?

          Elisabeth Wilson
          South Hobart, Tasmania
          SPENCE(Peterhead) PAUL (Peterhead?) MURRISON (Peterhead) CRAIG (Strichen)
          DAVIDSON (Strichen)