Re: Lair section

  • Anita L.
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2004
      My g,g grandmother was Issabella Allen married to James Ledingham . I
      believe your grandfather John was one of her brothers from his first
      wife. her father had 42 or 43 children , fathered children into his
      late 60's . My grandmother was number 21 most were daughters. The
      children were from 2 different wives .
      Isabella died in childbirth, 3 months before she died one of her
      sisters and one of her daughters died in a fire. There may have been
      other broithers and sisters who died as well. I have photo copys of
      some of the graves in the old kirk . What info do you need exactly ?
      I was only able to trace this allen family back to Issabella's father
      in the 1700's. I could find no records before then . I will check to
      see if I can find the section for you in my records .

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "usstweedy" <cmosfets@m...> wrote:
      > Hello Group
      >
      > On my last trip to Peterhead in 2001, I found that my G-G-
      > Grandfather, John Allan purchased Lair's 228 and 229 at the
      cemetery
      > on South Road. The problem is that I forgot to record the section.
      > Does anyone know of a postal address or e-mail address where I can
      > get information on the internment register for the Old Kirk
      Cemetery.

      > Also, in Lair 228 and 229, according to the records there are a
      > total of 30 people buried. Is this possible?
      >
      > Cheers
      > Jim Allan New York, USA
    • mmnorman1955
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006
        Hi everyone,
        It is now some time since this message was posted. Have you been
        able to discover more about the people who may have been buried in
        Lairs 228 and 229?
        I am still trying to discover something about our Isabella ALLAN who
        was born about 1754 who married John SMITH. Both died in Peterhead
        and are buried in the church yard there.
        Cheers
        Margaret
        Western Australia