Capitalize Surnames

  • Linda Adam
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
      For Ray Hennessey,

      A very good suggestion, Ray, to capitalize relevant surnames. Unfortunately I'm not a good listener as I have just sent a couple of Marriages to the list & felt I would highlight the Surnames in Bold text rather than capitalize. The list messages unfortunately won't forward Bold text. The next I send will be in CAPITALS !

      Linda ADAM
      Ontario, Canada

    • don.esslemont@paradise.net.nz
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
        Linda Adam wrote:

        > ... The list messages unfortunately won't forward Bold text.

        This list, like many other Yahoo groups, sends out only plain text.
        This is done to ensure that the messages are not infected with a
        virus. Plain text messages are also quite a lot smaller than
        formatted ones, which is good for people who pay for email by volume.

        The default setting in Outlook and Outlook Express is to send
        formatted email, but it is easy to change the setting. The argument
        against formatted email is set out here: ttp://arc.pasp.de/

        Regards,

        Don

        Don Esslemont 06 353 7016
        Director, Decision Research Ltd 021 448 769
        don.esslemont@... www.decision.co.nz